Silver/Gold plating

Status
Not open for further replies.

shean

May 6, 2013
United States
Hi I am looking for the best way to plate some brass contact screws with silver or gold. I have contacted about 6 local jewelers to get this done and they have all either given me ridiculous pricing, or just didn't offer a gold or silver plating service. I am looking into DIY plating means at the moment and I have no idea what makes a plating kit good. I am some what leery as to whether a DIY kit will work at all as I am not entirely sure how it works. A friend of mine recommended this kit after he did some research on another forum.

Amazon.com: Liquid Silver Plating System, Silverware Kit, Medallion Brand: Home & Kitchen

I can not find very much info about using a DIY kit like this to plate electrical contacts and I am wondering if it would increase the conductivity of my brass contacts at all or if I should just save my money. I'd rather not put money into something that will not work. Any advice, recommendations, and or experiences on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

shean

May 6, 2013
United States
hm looks good actually looks like a lot of work though lol. think i will have to find another way to get the job done. i will definitely keep this method in mind though. the problem is i don't want to spend too much cash on this and i want it too be effective. most electroplating kits i found were about 30$-50$. idk i have to keep looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread