Status
Not open for further replies.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
I've been looking at photographs of the Silver Bullet on the AltSmoke site and salivating (it's really a beautiful piece of work). Once or twice I almost gave way to impulse, but I've hesitated because I'm a little in the dark on the battery situation with these.

AltSmoke disavows in writing the use of two batteries to get 6V out of it--but they must be winking when they do. I don't see the point of spending $100 to get a 3.7V device, pretty device or not.

I had to get 3rd party information just to know that CR123As are what I need (from a Dr. Vapor YouTube video), but in looking online for them I find that most battery-selling sites only have non-rechargeables (wouldn't that be a silly thing to buy), or they want to switch you to to RCR123As. What I don't know is this:

Are the RCR123As direct replacements for CR123As, i.e., will they fit?

Am I supposed to be buying protected batteries? Is there a fit problem when using two of them?

What is the actual chance of a non-protected battery blowing up in your face or starting a fire?

Afterthought: where's the best place to buy batteries & a charger?

Last edited:

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I don't see the point of spending $100 to get a 3.7V device, pretty device or not.
I'll let the more knowledgeable address your other questions. But, for myself, I've only used my BSB at 3.7v, usually with an LR atomizer. Why? I get a couple days on a charge. To me, that's cool. True, I also use other PVs, I haven't used my BSB exclusively for two days straight. But, I have used it mixed with my other PVs for a week, on a single charge. I haven't felt any need for HV, especially with the LR Attys.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
You can get the unit and batts and charger all from Altsmokes.Like a kit.

kezygirl, the drop-down box on the ordering page gives one battery choice: a 18650 3.7V. And there's no mention of a charger among the accessories. Am I missing it?

EDIT: I take that back. they do have a charger for the 18650.

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
Am I supposed to be buying protected batteries? Is there a fit problem when using two of them?
What is the actual chance of a non-protected battery blowing up in your face or starting a fire?
DO NOT stack batteries in a high voltage mod
UNTIL YOU CAN ANSWER THOSE QUESTIONS YOURSELF.

When your batteries arrive, know what is safe. If you don't know, don't do it. Sorry I didn't answer in a more direct manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread