Silly mixing question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
Morning!

I’ve been mixing exclusively with a 12mg 50/50 base for many months now. I would buy a liter at a time, and it would last a while.

Recently, nicriver stopped selling the 50/50 base @12mg (liter) I used to buy. So I plunged in with the gallon of vg, pg, and some 100mg nic (250ml, 50/50).

My silly question. Do I need to shake plain pg or vg the same way I used to shake my premixed 12mg base? I obviously shake my nic, was just wondering if it’s as important, or necessary, to shake just plain old vg and pg before mixing.

Thanks!

Reactions: stols001

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Morning!

I’ve been mixing exclusively with a 12mg 50/50 base for many months now. I would buy a liter at a time, and it would last a while.

Recently, nicriver stopped selling the 50/50 base @12mg (liter) I used to buy. So I plunged in with the gallon of vg, pg, and some 100mg nic (250ml, 50/50).

My silly question. Do I need to shake plain pg or vg the same way I used to shake my premixed 12mg base? I obviously shake my nic, was just wondering if it’s as important, or necessary, to shake just plain old vg and pg before mixing.

Thanks!
If you are making your own base you need to make sure all ingredients are blended together. ie. easier to start with the vg cause its the thickness, add to it the pg and blend well(until it becomes crystal clear) , add the nic and blend well as it too becomes crystal clear. I have a glass stirring rod that I use to do this along with at least a 1000 ml glass measuring cup. Then its easy to pour into whatever you keep your liter in.

:)

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
@Sugar_and_Spice not making a base anymore, I used to buy it.

Now I just have a 8oz bottle of PG, one of VG, and my 100mg nic bottle. I mix each batch using those 3 and flavoring.

Just checking if I need to shake plain VG or PG as I’m making my mixes.
Sorry, read too fast:facepalm:. Nope enough stirring and shaking occurs when mixing in the nic. I am just not sure if shaking actually does mix it well or not.

:)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I hope not (PG VG etc) because I bought 2.5 gallons of VG, unaware I was going to get it all in one bottle and there certainly is no sediment or anything after more or less a year of mixing. But in any case, getting it into the house to start was difficult, getting it poured out at the beginning was... a challenge (it's getting easier but not that much) so if I had to shake it I don't quite know WHAT I would do.

Anna

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
And that’s my question, lol. Is there a point to it?

Probably not. I don't. It's one ingredient in a bottle. Can't hurt to shake it, but I've never done that until my juice is mixed.

After I'm through with a DIY session I use this to mix each bottle thoroughly.

21Ws4-oWJiL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Badger-Air-B...8&qid=1539456207&sr=8-1&keywords=badger+mixer

Last edited:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
And that’s my question, lol. Is there a point to it?
None whatsoever.:D

I am using 4 year-old PG and VG (purchased in gallon jugs) that have never once been shaken. Each is a stable chemical compound; so there is nothing to separate. :)

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
Just to quaruple clarify that you definitely don't have to shake plain pg/vg. To put in scientific terms: it is because it's not any kind of suspension in solution. It is the solution.

At least I think that might be the correct scientific terminology. But I admit my terminology is quite rusty these days - scientific or not. :)

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread