Status
Not open for further replies.

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
So due to my crazy work schedule, i'm having my Provari delivered to a friend that lives a couple minutes down the street. He owns his own business and is nearly always home, so I figured no matter what my $270 package won't just be lying around somewhere for 10 hours until I can get to it.

Now, the estimated delivery time was supposed to be today, but this morning it changed until tomorrow. Now I just checked track and confirm, and it's saying

Notice Left 10:59am

then

www.usps.com/redelivery or calling 800-ASK-USPS, or may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.">

Yet he has no notice anywhere, and I have never heard anything about a signature being required. I have been ordering PV gear for 2 years, never needed to sign for anything. Do you have to sign for it? What is going on?! I am freaking out that the driver is trying to steal the Provari I just spent almost $270 of my hard earned money on! Oh, and my buddy doesn't vape, i've known him since he was 5, he has more money than he knows what to do with, so it's not just him trying to pull a fast one, I send pretty much all my vape gear as my schedule makes me uncomfortable to have packages lying on my front porch all day while i'm at work. What is going on here?!?!

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
No, like I said, I do it so much with him, that juice, parts, etc. will arrive, and when I get off work i'll swing by his house and get it, even if he's not home, he's so used to it. Because unless it's overnight, 2 day, etc. shipping or it's a site like MadVapes that I KNOW it will be there in 2 days, I always send my stuff to him, because as I said, I am not comfortable with having packages sitting on my front porch for hours at a time with nobody home. I'm hoping maybe it's a tracking glitch, because it said it arrived in town at 9:45am, and says it was attempted to deliver 1 hour and 14 minutes later which is weird, and usually the earliest stuff will get to his house by USPS is 3:30, usually closer to 5-6pm. I am still really friggin nervous though!

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Maybe go to his house and check, regardless though, you should still be able to pick it up from the post office.

Anyways I know how you feel, we live in an apartment complex w/ a lazy mailwoman who leaves the packages at the rental office rather than bring them upstairs to us. They are supposed to check ID, but the packages are left in a pile by the door and we have had a few packages stolen from us (Netflix, some laptop memory etc.) by kids, or possibly adults I dont know.

If I was you I would go see if it maybe fell off the door or something (that's happened to me before), if not just go the the post office and see if you can't just pick it up w/ your ID, I've had to do that before too once it got delivered back to the post office, shouldn't be a problem as long as your name is on the package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Well I went to the post office earlier, and turns out it WAS a glitch on the tracking software. So I stopped by my buddies house on the way home to see a box on his porch containing a Titanium White Provari V2, 2 18490's, extension cap, and 2 18650's.

To quote pbusardo on his opinion of the Provari....

"Now, I get it."

OMG this thing is all I have heard it is and more!!! The blue LED on the white unit is absolutely breathtaking. I will post pics when I get the chance, now, off to work!!! :w00t::vapor:

BTW, I am happy to say that I totally made the right call on the two different sets of batteries, as they make it feel totally different, and I love the way each feels. For work I can use the 490's and at home the 650's!!!

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Well I have my DID clone on it, with some 10mg 555 in it. I worked the late night shift last night and just woke up an hour ago. When I woke up I grabbed the Provari and started taking some drags. Wow, that thing with the genesis delivers nicotine like a monster. I had to set it down and i've barely even touched it since! Normaly I chain vape like crazy first hour or 2 of the day but it was waayyyy too much, but in a good way!

Also, to quote pbusardo once again, in I believe his review of Kir Fanis' Prive tanks, "The top cap on a Provari is a sexy, sexy thing"

Last edited:

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Sweet dude, looking good, also that did clone looks cool, I might have to take some $ out of what I have set aside for ZAP's and vapercon to get some from discount vapers... Where did you get yours?

Also, I ordered another one last night, a pink mini for my gf :) she's pretty excited.

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Sweet dude, looking good, also that did clone looks cool, I might have to take some $ out of what I have set aside for ZAP's and vapercon to get some from discount vapers... Where did you get yours?

Also, I ordered another one last night, a pink mini for my gf :) she's pretty excited.

Discount Vapers. I ordered that for $25, and two x2 packs of SS mesh for extra wicks for a couple bucks each. The Griffin comes with some nichrome, but I used the kanthal I already had because the nicrome coil kept popping after like 3-4 seconds of testing it out, not sure what was up with that as I am unfamiliar with nichrome(I believe that is what the wire that comes with it is). LOVE the DUD but it seems to really run through juice super fast..

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Discount Vapers. I ordered that for $25, and two x2 packs of SS mesh for extra wicks for a couple bucks each. The Griffin comes with some nichrome, but I used the kanthal I already had because the nicrome coil kept popping after like 3-4 seconds of testing it out, not sure what was up with that as I am unfamiliar with nichrome(I believe that is what the wire that comes with it is). LOVE the DUD but it seems to really run through juice super fast..

Hmm, I may just wait and see what is at vapercon, and pray that Zen~ brings some ZAP's

Yours has a clear tube? The ones I saw at discount vapers had a ss or alum tube I thought.

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
No, it comes with the metal tube. I went to Tractor Supply and bought a 12mL Ideal Instruments syringe (about 50 cents) and cut it down to the same size as the tank that comes with it. I love it, I hated not being able to see how much liquid was left in my tank and now I always know!

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Ah, cool idea, though I have a metal tube on my vivi nova for stuff like pluid that is bad for plastic and don't mind it, I have gotten used to swishing it around to tell how much is left, or i go by taste. I don't think I would mind the metal tube much, how does it vape? and what did you use to oxidize the mesh, torch or...?

Trying to figure out if I should get one of these, I'd have to spend some of my vapercon/ZAP fund, but I think it might be worth it. Also if I get one I have to get 2 (one for the gf) to justify it.

Last edited:

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Oh I frickin' love it. It vapes like a fog machine. I can't compare it to any other genesis style, but based on other reports it vapes as good as any other, the differences being in the quality of materials (not that there's anything wrong with the cheaper DUD) and looks/style. I've never had anywhere near as good a vape as i'm getting from this thing, and infact pretty much everything else I own now feels like a let down, haha.

Edit: I just use a nice torch lighter. It has an adjustable flame and I turn it until it's a little over an inch tall, but would work just fine turned down more. Then I use the rolling paper method for wrapping the coil. I tried the cotton method and even though I got no shorts, I could taste it a bit and if I got a dry hit it was naasssty!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread