Sigelei Kicked - Have anyone tried this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
The main reason I didn't buy a kick though is I already have a Vamo for VV/VW use and the Vamo can push 15w too! I think the Kick is only good for 10w. Also, I bought my mechs for their durable simplicity. No circuit board to burn out, etc. A Kick defeats that purpose. Last but not least, once you find the right rba for it, I find I LOVE the vapor production of my UN-kicked mech quite well! Even better than my Vamo. A good mech with a good atty doesn't need a kick.

neofelis

Oct 24, 2011
Australia
About 99% of ecig companies in china will make companies from the USA/EU stick to the MOQ.

As for Australia they let us lower the MOQ if not wipe the MOQ completely as 1) We're closer 2) We're smaller.

Australia and China have close trade agreements, We export a lot to them, They Export a lot to us as they're just over the water.

I bet if I asked Sigelei they'd sell me just 1-2 units if I asked :) There would be no point though as you need to factor in shipping, So getting 5 for $50 would be worth while.

Last edited:

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
Hey oktyabr, you write that so definitively. Pity your opinion requires competence, eyesight, manual dexterity. That excludes a lot of people. You're wrong on the price, that's for 10 units, it's only $3-4 if you buy 50. Many people can't for physical reasons, make a decent coil and wick.
Elitist much?

Where did you get a quote of $3-4 for 50? And I don't think Oktaybr's being elitist. There's a huge contingent of mech users that feel exactly the same way. If you build a sub-ohm coil, you can't really feel the drop in battery voltage until the very end. The kick has amp limitations that prevent very low ohm coils, which is why I never got one. But for $10 plus shipping from China and then shipping from a coop host to your door, it's certainly worth trying. Who's going to run it!

imrdy85

Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Se Michigan
$10 from a co-op is tempting but i dont expect anything but a knockoff. I have heard rumors of a chinese competitor to the kick called the stomp, nothing in stores yet. Evolv has always claimed to be a usa company, and at least builds the kicks in akron ohio at dimension engineering. The Chinese origin on these throws red flags

Centurion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
East Coast USA
When I saw the idea of a Chinese knockoff Kick I cringed. I mean their mechanical mods are sort of cheap, just the threading, sometimes they roll out of production so fast the switches don't even work or even make contact, as if they skipped the design stage that normally occupies a space right after they rip off someone else's good idea but right before they start pumping out copies of it. I shudder to think what the quality of a ten dollar circuit board they make would be like or how it would fare under normal use.

neofelis

Oct 24, 2011
Australia
Hahah, just shows how dishonest some vendors can be..

It may have been engineered in Ohio but it's assembled and built in china :)

These aren't knock offs unforuantely.. As for the Stomp etc, I'm not sure about those but please keep in mind, 99% of ecig products DO come from China. Even down to the Terminator C oddy clones. They're not german, They're chinese.
Given the boycott from ECF members relating to chinese products, I don't blame the vendors for stating everything is USA made. If they don't no one buys.

More examples; It's a bit like saying Ikenvape products are made in the USA.. They're made in china.

It would also be like saying all AW batteries come from USA, They're chinese.
Many vendors try and hind behind Contracts with chinese manufacturers to hide the fact it's made in china, also to stop others from purchasing.

I personally have close ties with several Chinese manufacturers, distributors and trading companies. I know where the Volt/Bloog Ecigarettes are made along with SEVERAL other products which try and hide behind a "USA Company"

You do have SOME products which are made in USA, But if you went through them all, You could count them on 1 hand.

Last edited:

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Hey oktyabr, you write that so definitively. Pity your opinion requires competence, eyesight, manual dexterity. That excludes a lot of people. You're wrong on the price, that's for 10 units, it's only $3-4 if you buy 50. Many people can't for physical reasons, make a decent coil and wick.
Elitist much?
You might want to wait until you have tried RBA's or RDA's with sub ohm coils , on a mechanical device , before you pass an unfair assessment of another member . And quite frankly , disparaging remarks , towards another member , are against the forum rules . You might want to review those , if you haven't already done so .

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Average COOP price is around $19 To your Door. that is on an MOQ of 50-100 pc.

There are advantages to having a kick(few) like just tossing a Vivi tank on a CCTS for a few hours out, or fooling with flavors in a dripper or carto tank.

Not all Mech mods have sub ohm coils running at all times.:D

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
Thanks all, for the reinforcement. I honestly have the NEW MEMBER in mind when I post a reply to threads such as this one.

Elitist much?

I would argue that if you can see well enough and have enough "manual dexterity" to put a key in a lock with one hand you have enough to start building your own coils. Further that I would argue that even *safely* dealing with a mechanical mod and all that entails implies a certain level of competence. It's the reason you won't find them often mentioned in the New Member section and why you will *never* find a reputable vendor that offers one as part of a "starter kit". The two, mechs and RBAs, go hand in hand and best compliment each other.

The fact of the matter is though that for the price of a mechanical mod, an inherently much more dangerous form of vaping implement, and the price of a kick, even a cheap clone, you would probably be much better served with one of the various VV/VW mods in the first place.

And for the record anyone can click the link in the OP and see the price is $9-10 with a minimum purchase of 50 units.

Last but not least, ask any mech owner that has experience with the "real" kick. Half of them don't work reliably in the mods they were purchased for.

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
Average COOP price is around $19 To your Door. that is on an MOQ of 50-100 pc.

There are advantages to having a kick(few) like just tossing a Vivi tank on a CCTS for a few hours out, or fooling with flavors in a dripper or carto tank.

Not all Mech mods have sub ohm coils running at all times.:D

I'm certainly not arguing against that possibility! But for the average vaper, the average *experienced* vaper, the mech is reserved for special use primarily because they already have at least one other battery, probably VV/VW, to screw on the occasional stardust or vivi. And dripper on an unregulated mech? Seriously? Are you ever missing out on something good ;)

I am very much a fan of versatility and I'd probably be one of first waves of orders when (if) these hit shores outside of China for under $10 a piece... just so I can have one (or more). I love my mech and would be happy if it were my only vaping device. VW on a mech? Meh... it might be neat to have it, even if I didn't need it, but I certainly wouldn't base a mech purchase on it's availability.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Well, like I said, there are a few reasons. I like my Tanks also, though i'm still doing 1.2-1.4ohm coils.(my preference right now)
However since I have 4 CCTS, a Sigelei Tele and am waiting on 2 Sigelei #20's, I have a little room for a Kick or 2. Some times I just feel like carrying something out that isn't as bug as the eVic but will perform better than an Ego 650.:D

We should also remember - Short of a Twist or Vamo this is about as affordable as an adjustable PV can get. And it would be more durable than a Twist while smaller than a Vamo.

But don't get me wrong. I love my CCTS in 18500 mode with the AGA-S on top filled with Blueberry Waffle:thumbs:

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
We should also remember - Short of a Twist or Vamo this is about as affordable as an adjustable PV can get. And it would be more durable than a Twist while smaller than a Vamo.

Absolutely! And honestly, a well built mech IS more durable than a Vamo too ;) This is one of the big reasons I got interested in mechs... durability at a sweet price point. All I have so far is a Sig #8 and I'm waiting on a #19. For that kind of money is ANYTHING as durable??? No wires to break, no tiny circuit boards, no plastic buttons... and tubes that are thick and solid. I haven't tried it yet but out of all the batteries I have, if I threw them all in the middle of a busy street, my money is on the mech as the sole survivor ;)

Probably if I would have had someone guide me towards mechs before I found my vamo I would have skipped VV/VW altogether... maybe picking up a kick just for... well, you know.

BUT I found my Vamo for right around $36. A good mech plus even one of these cheap kicks won't get (much) below that price point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread