• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

show and tell

Status
Not open for further replies.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
They're basically attys modified with a big honking steel wick all around the bridge and coil...sort of a cross between a carto and an atty. I'll have to try the LR 901 version on the ggts...it seems the center pen has a propensity to impale 510's if you over tighten it.

And as much as I love the GG tanks, they can be a lot of work with a steep learning curve. I'll probably keep the iatty...just in case of a vaping apocalypse, but the DD's are pretty effing sweet, and simple. Try one if you go down there, or call Mike and see if he'll ship some to you.

Marta

Sep 28, 2011
Oologah, Oklahoma
I wasn't referring to the UFS, just the new GGTS with a reg 901 atty and 5 volt battery, it's what I've been missing in a vape, I get a huge cloud of fog every time and with the way I have it now I'm not even using the UFS much except for long road trips. The way the GGTS is made it makes a bigger cloud of vapor than any of my other mods using the same configuration, I'm assuming it's the air control and draw ring on the top cap of the GGTS but I really want to check out the DD just because I'm always looking for a newer mouse trap so to speak lol I'll call them this week and see what they can do, thanks Clyde for the info, and sorry I jumped in, I know this was suppose to be meant for misplacedsooner.

misplacedsooner

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2011
stillwater, oklahoma
I wasn't referring to the UFS, just the new GGTS with a reg 901 atty and 5 volt battery, it's what I've been missing in a vape, I get a huge cloud of fog every time and with the way I have it now I'm not even using the UFS much except for long road trips. The way the GGTS is made it makes a bigger cloud of vapor than any of my other mods using the same configuration, I'm assuming it's the air control and draw ring on the top cap of the GGTS but I really want to check out the DD just because I'm always looking for a newer mouse trap so to speak lol I'll call them this week and see what they can do, thanks Clyde for the info, and sorry I jumped in, I know this was suppose to be meant for misplacedsooner.

good info for all!! im always up for learning.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Got just the new UFS in from Bruce at CoV. Jumped right in-mistake! Need to disassemble and lube threads with vaseline and watch the videos, read the wiki, etc.

Bit too early to tell, but it looks like this may be the easiest GG tank yet. Ingenious controls and it's good about squeezing every last drop of flavor out of every...well, drop. I had some leak problems probably caused by my impatience. But holy crap, I'm definitely going to have to tone the nic down while using it!

Not gonna frak with it today, felt run down and a slight tickle in the throat yesterday, and I realized I was catching the wife's cold. Fortunately I had some emergency zycam and fizzy tablet doo hickeys in the office, and I think it's helping. So for today, it's warm sweats (ahhhh!) hot tea and OTC cold remedies at the house, not to mention mike's peppermint and red hots juice on a LR 801 carto.

Marta

Sep 28, 2011
Oologah, Oklahoma
Got just the new UFS in from Bruce at CoV. Jumped right in-mistake! Need to disassemble and lube threads with vaseline and watch the videos, read the wiki, etc.

Bit too early to tell, but it looks like this may be the easiest GG tank yet. Ingenious controls and it's good about squeezing every last drop of flavor out of every...well, drop. I had some leak problems probably caused by my impatience. But holy crap, I'm definitely going to have to tone the nic down while using it!

Not gonna frak with it today, felt run down and a slight tickle in the throat yesterday, and I realized I was catching the wife's cold. Fortunately I had some emergency zycam and fizzy tablet doo hickeys in the office, and I think it's helping. So for today, it's warm sweats (ahhhh!) hot tea and OTC cold remedies at the house, not to mention mike's peppermint and red hots juice on a LR 801 carto.

I got my new UFS in last week and I too made a few mistakes, this is my first UFS and I gotta say, it is an awesome device, I retired all my tanks when I figured this UFS out, I love it and have no idea how I ever managed without it this long lol I got my first GGTS with it and I couldn't believe how much nicer it vapes than other mods due to being able to control airflow and draw, I put all my other mods away for now cause I'm in love with the GG product line!

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Got this puppy in yesterday morning..... Photo on 11-28-11 at 2.40 PM.jpg Photo on 11-28-11 at 2.41 PM.jpg Photo on 11-28-11 at 2.42 PM.jpg

Tektronik

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2011
Moore, Oklahoma
A good friend has an 18650 Precise and that is his favorite big battery mod. Ive never actually seen one up close but have heard good comments from my friend. I like Super T manufacturing, they were my first drip tips and I still have them! They are of exceptional quality (stainless steel) and I'd still be using them if I didn't have my stainless steel Ming.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk

misplacedsooner

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2011
stillwater, oklahoma
i like your toys!!!! description please. i see reo, provari, is that black one a lava tube?
oh, i see you have a ton of juices too,lol. i had a bunch but between pif, giving to my son and other people im getting low,lol. i cant complain though as i use like 1 juice anymore...wanna try others but cant break into my shortcake budget,lol.

tigerlily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2010
Oklahoma
The black one is a textured black provari. It is my personal favorite. I have put it through pure torture, dropping it multiple times and even had a brick wall collapse on it one time. It still performs like a charm, but I couldn't help but fear that some day it will say enough is enough. That is why I got the silver provari. I want to have a backup available in the event that something goes horribly wrong with my original. They have reduced the price on the silver ones and VaporKings had them available in their shop so I figured now was a good time to get a backup. I still use my eGo's when I'm out working in the yard.

I used the REO a lot when I first got it, but I never did get the fine art of squonking down. I was constantly flooding it or burning the atomizers. Due to the amount of fiddling around I was having to do, I eventually started using it with cartomizers which I seem to be able to control better. That worked fine, but I couldn't see the purpose of using a bottom feeder with cartomizers now that tanks are being perfected. The provari with a tank system is easy. I set it up in the morning and it works all day....no fiddling, no fuss, no mess. I couldn't be happier.

misplacedsooner

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2011
stillwater, oklahoma
ok, i should of looked better,lol. i had just the opposite problem you had. i went through several mods and eventually got a provari as it was THE mod i thought i wanted most of anything out there. i had a few tanks but never could get the slot or punch right on the cartos for some reason and it was just giving me an awful taste. then i realized the juice i use everyday tasted best to me at 3.7-3.9 on my provari with a 306 atty. in the mean time i ended up with a reo woodvil mini intended to be my backup but i got the squonk down very quick and it started seeing way more action than my provari with the only problem being battery life with the 14500s. when rob made the 18490s i knew i wanted one but cash was short so i did what i never thought id do...sold my provari and got the new reo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread