• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Should we be concerned about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky604

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2010
Surrey, BC
we should go halves on that spark... sparkapipe juice made in canada eh? we could hit the bin behind fruiticana and pick out the old pineapples and crap to make our own flavouring too. we could make a killing man... you in?

Heck yeah!! Beefy Beef tobacco can be our #1 product. Ingredients would be easy to find:
oxo_cubes.jpg 4190.jpg

We'd make a killing! We'd have to store the drum at your house though.

Pipeous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Surrey, BC, Canada
www.madpro.ca
not a problem. I have this huge attic over my garage. mind you I haven't been up there in almost 20 yrs so hmmm wonder what's living up there. oxo cubes. oh hell ya. dam the cheap irishman is coming out isn't it?

oh you've come for your juice order? did you bring along the mason jar so I can ladle it in? or would you prefer the dollar store turkey baster full

sparky604

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2010
Surrey, BC
Lol, turkey baster! We could pay one of those bottle collecting guys to bring us his empties, as long as they have lids.. 10 cents a bottle, $8 a gallon for juice.. I think we're in business!

We could open True North Vapour next week and nobody would ever know what goes in the juice -- exactly like how it is with every other liquid vendor out there!

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
Late to the conversation but I urge everyone to check out his video, since it is somewhat relevant to this topic. This problem is not how it seems and is actually a symptom of the overall problem we have in the global food market today.

Food, Inc

No documentary is perfect (meaning I don't agree with this movie 100%... at all. You can't fix the future with the past.) but this one at least sheds light on the problems we currently face in todays world, and if anything the situation has been getting worse since this film was made.

manc2000

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Noizmaker, thanks for posting the link to the Food Inc. documentary. I have the book on my (kindle for desktop) but I have not yet had a chance to read it. I have just tried to watch the video and found the sound a bit jerky. I don't know if I'm allowed to post links but the utube video works great. The video is excellent.

YouTube - ‪Food, Inc.‬‏

sparky604

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2010
Surrey, BC
Noizmaker, thanks for posting the link to the Food Inc. documentary. I have the book on my (kindle for desktop) but I have not yet had a chance to read it. I have just tried to watch the video and found the sound a bit jerky. I don't know if I'm allowed to post links but the utube video works great. The video is excellent.

YouTube - ‪Food, Inc.‬‏

Just finished reading this book yesterday - Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of ... - Google Books Some scary stuff in there. I didn't know it was legal to feed poultry bedding (scrunched up newspaper, sawdust, and chicken feces) to AMERICAN DAIRY CATTLE! That's disgusting! The parts on the E coli and salmonella poisoning were pretty grim too. It's horrible what some companies will do to make a buck.

I'll watch your video tonight, this kind of stuff is interesting :)

manc2000

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2011
Ontario, Canada
5 minutes into the movie I realized I had watched it a while back. When I saw the woman leaving the barn carrying the dead chickens it brought back memories from 30 years ago when I managed a large chicken farm, and nothing seems to have changed since then. I was told not to allow anyone in the barns, mainly to prevent disease from being spread from farm to farm. I never saw a food inspector in my 8 years of operation, and if he had visited the farm he would have had to dip his shoes in disinfectant before entering the barn. 50,000 broilers and less than 1 sq ft per bird is not a pretty sight. I could walk through my barns and actually watch some of the birds having heart attacks. I still have minor breathing problem which my doctor told me was either caused from the chicken farm dust, (even though I always wore a mask) or from smoking in my early years.
Once again all these things are connected and we really need to be aware of what we are putting into our bodies. Like Noizmaker said. It is probably getting worse each year.

LibertyValance

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
Tampa, FL
I'm a new vaper (3 weeks) and I would not consider using a non USA juice. Or another western nation. The Chinese have a lot of great products, but a sordid safety history. Currently I vape Halo exclusively. I will consider trying any vendor that assures me the ingredients are quality pharma grade nicotine and food grade ingredients made in a developed nation.

There is absolutely no reason to make e-liquid in China in my opinion, except to substitute inferior ingredients or escape liability. Mixing juice is not a labor intensive process. It makes sense to produce it in the US.

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON

YouTube - ‪Food, Inc.‬‏

Hey thanks! I can download it now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread