Seedman's tobacco + reducing sweetness in batch of diy

Status
Not open for further replies.

FRANKSTER

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2011
staten island, new york
Hello people...I have 2 questions that I hope can get some help with.

The first has to do with Seedmon's tobaccos..I am looking for some tobaccos from this house that are similar to Marlboro from the House of Vapor. Also, any tobacco that has no sweetness or floral notes to it so I can make a batch of diy with just the sweeteners that I choose.

My second question has to do reducing the sweetness in a batch that I made up consisting of:

TPA DK TOBACCO
TPA HAZELNUT
70/30 pg/vg
100mg/ml nic

I made a 10 ml batch using rts 100mg pg based nic plus rts pg and vg here was my recipe

desired nic level 20 percent
70/30 pg/vg ratio making up 64 percent
DK TOBACCO at 8 percent
Hazelnut at 8 percent

I love this flavor but I had no time to let this steep. Right now at 1 day old, the floral note is overpowering the entire batch... I would like to make the same juice, but not as sweet. The juice taste very similar to bwb 555 and or honey flu and honey-flu nut.

This was my intention when making this...I used hazelnut instead of honey thinking it would be less sweet. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I had the same problem with the bwb when I first tried it. The floral note overpowered the juice until about a week later.

Anyway, I really just would like to know the best way to reduce the sweetness. Thanks

landscaper

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2011
Atlanta
Put one drop each of Vape Wizard and Bitter Wizard in it and then shake well. Then try again and see what it taste like. About Seedmans, its very cigy like. I mean really cig like. I really don't care for it myself. I have 2 bottles of it and I made one small batch with it and its really strong and just not a good mix for me. YMMV

Dave

Last edited:

FRANKSTER

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2011
staten island, new york
Put one drop each of Vape Wizard and Bitter Wizard in it and then shake well. Then try again and see what it taste like. About Seedmans, its very cigy like. I mean really cig like. I really don't care for it myself. I have 2 bottles of it and I made one small batch with it and its really strong and just not a good mix for me. YMMV

Dave

Thanks for the info...I have the Vape Wizard, but not the Bitter Wizard. I thought seedmans had many different tobacco flavors or you are just talking about a specific 2 that you purchased. Thanks again

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I've tried several Seedman, their commercial concentrate is the only one I use consistently, it's great for a standard american (e.g., Marlboro) end product.

While I haven't run into it with Seedman, leaving a bottle of eliquid uncapped overnight will allow some of the aromatics (floral notes, often associated with alcohol in a mix) to evaporate.

To firm up a tobacco blend, damp the sweetness, go to tobacco absolute diluted. That's the stuff where with Seedman at 10 - 15%, add from 2 - 4 drops per 10ml of the TA diluted to kick up the tobacco aspect, give it more bite. If you have straight TA, not TA diluted, use it at about half -- 1 - 2 drops per 10ml. Alternately, mix your full strength TA 1:1 with high proof vodka (Devil's Springs 160 proof, available in NY), to create your own TA diluted. (undiluted TA is just brutal to work with, it's so strong and very viscous).

On the Hazelnut, at least when I use Seedman I just use about 3% hazelnut. 15% Seedman commercial, 3% hazelnut, 2 drops TA diluted per 10 ml, will get you something where the hazelnut is noticeable, mellows the tobacco flavor, but not too strong. Drop the hazelnut and double up the TA and you'll get a classic cig-like strong tobacco flavor.

landscaper

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2011
Atlanta
Thanks for the info...I have the Vape Wizard, but not the Bitter Wizard. I thought seedmans had many different tobacco flavors or you are just talking about a specific 2 that you purchased. Thanks again

I have the commercial cig Seedmans. I mixed it with Tobacco Absolute and then mixed it with my DIY tobacco juice and WOW what a mix. If you are looking for a kick in the lung authentic ashtray type juice then this stuff is for you. Out of all of the vendor juices I tried I don't think they use it in their mix. At least not the ones I tried. I mixed it according to Scuba Dans recipe and good thing I only mixed a small batch of it. Some like it but I personally don't. I also have the Coco extender and the Vanilla from Seedmans. I have not used those and have only been experimenting with the Tobacco Absolute and the Tobacco Extract and the M-Type from P.A., along with the F.A. tobacco flavors.

Ive made a few that are decent and I can vape them but they need more work. I suggest you get the T.A. and the T.E. and the M-type from P.A. and all of the F.A. tobacco flavors and see what you like. That is what I did. BTW I got the non diluted T.A. I don't like the Alcohol in juice so that is why I got the non diluted. Its not hard to work with. Also get the Cotton Candy from P.A. and the sweetener. You need to use some sweetener to take the edge off. I know what your thinking and I don't like my tobacco juice too sweet either, but trust me you need it. Also get the bitter wizard because it does help. Ive been playing with both the vape wizard and the bitter wizard and they both are needed. The vape wizard will smooth things out and the bitter wizard will take the sweetness away to a degree. I mix 5Ml at a time and I started to cut my nic down from 24 to 12 just to save on the nic, and really I don't notice much of a difference so I may just keep mixing that way. The nic is the most expensive part. Go to liberty flights and use the 20% button on the top left of the website, plus their shipping is cheap. They carry P.A. stuff too but I got that stuff from P.A. because I wanted to make sure it was fresh. Not saying L.F. wasn't but I just thought it would be best to get it from P.A. With L.F. once you buy stuff you can review it and they give you store credits that can be used for future purchases.

Hope this helps.

Dave

FRANKSTER

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2011
staten island, new york
I have the commercial cig Seedmans. I mixed it with Tobacco Absolute and then mixed it with my DIY tobacco juice and WOW what a mix. If you are looking for a kick in the lung authentic ashtray type juice then this stuff is for you. Out of all of the vendor juices I tried I don't think they use it in their mix. At least not the ones I tried. I mixed it according to Scuba Dans recipe and good thing I only mixed a small batch of it. Some like it but I personally don't. I also have the Coco extender and the Vanilla from Seedmans. I have not used those and have only been experimenting with the Tobacco Absolute and the Tobacco Extract and the M-Type from P.A., along with the F.A. tobacco flavors.

Ive made a few that are decent and I can vape them but they need more work. I suggest you get the T.A. and the T.E. and the M-type from P.A. and all of the F.A. tobacco flavors and see what you like. That is what I did. BTW I got the non diluted T.A. I don't like the Alcohol in juice so that is why I got the non diluted. Its not hard to work with. Also get the Cotton Candy from P.A. and the sweetener. You need to use some sweetener to take the edge off. I know what your thinking and I don't like my tobacco juice too sweet either, but trust me you need it. Also get the bitter wizard because it does help. Ive been playing with both the vape wizard and the bitter wizard and they both are needed. The vape wizard will smooth things out and the bitter wizard will take the sweetness away to a degree. I mix 5Ml at a time and I started to cut my nic down from 24 to 12 just to save on the nic, and really I don't notice much of a difference so I may just keep mixing that way. The nic is the most expensive part. Go to liberty flights and use the 20% button on the top left of the website, plus their shipping is cheap. They carry P.A. stuff too but I got that stuff from P.A. because I wanted to make sure it was fresh. Not saying L.F. wasn't but I just thought it would be best to get it from P.A. With L.F. once you buy stuff you can review it and they give you store credits that can be used for future purchases.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Thanks for the info...it's strange but yesterday, I put in an order for the tobacco absolute and cotton candy and some flavor art tobaccos...never tried any seedmans though...thanks

FRANKSTER

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2011
staten island, new york
I've tried several Seedman, their commercial concentrate is the only one I use consistently, it's great for a standard american (e.g., Marlboro) end product.

While I haven't run into it with Seedman, leaving a bottle of eliquid uncapped overnight will allow some of the aromatics (floral notes, often associated with alcohol in a mix) to evaporate.

To firm up a tobacco blend, damp the sweetness, go to tobacco absolute diluted. That's the stuff where with Seedman at 10 - 15%, add from 2 - 4 drops per 10ml of the TA diluted to kick up the tobacco aspect, give it more bite. If you have straight TA, not TA diluted, use it at about half -- 1 - 2 drops per 10ml. Alternately, mix your full strength TA 1:1 with high proof vodka (Devil's Springs 160 proof, available in NY), to create your own TA diluted. (undiluted TA is just brutal to work with, it's so strong and very viscous).

On the Hazelnut, at least when I use Seedman I just use about 3% hazelnut. 15% Seedman commercial, 3% hazelnut, 2 drops TA diluted per 10 ml, will get you something where the hazelnut is noticeable, mellows the tobacco flavor, but not too strong. Drop the hazelnut and double up the TA and you'll get a classic cig-like strong tobacco flavor.

Thank you for the info...I hope I bought the ta diluted...again, thanks

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Seedman does make multiple flavorings. On their site you want to go to the tobacco flavorings, ,then look in the Top Note Flavors section. Tobacco Flavorings for Home Grown Tobacco Their Vanilla, Menthol, Capt. Black, and English Tobacco flavorings are also decent, just that at the time I was looking for a straight American base. I don't believe their Light Brand was available when I first used them.

Always buy the concentrated version, not the ones that have been cut with water.

If you just want to try a bit of their Commercial concentrate, send a PM -- I picked up a 7-1/2 ounce bottle of it early this year, still have plenty.

FRANKSTER

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2011
staten island, new york
I read somewhere that vinegar can really reduce the sweetness of a juice, and that alot of vendors use it. Mabe a couple drops as needed. Something for you to look into atleast, I'm doing the same.

Hello there...what type vinegar...red or white or something other....thanks for the info

FRANKSTER

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2011
staten island, new york
Seedman does make multiple flavorings. On their site you want to go to the tobacco flavorings, ,then look in the Top Note Flavors section. Tobacco Flavorings for Home Grown Tobacco Their Vanilla, Menthol, Capt. Black, and English Tobacco flavorings are also decent, just that at the time I was looking for a straight American base. I don't believe their Light Brand was available when I first used them.

Always buy the concentrated version, not the ones that have been cut with water.

If you just want to try a bit of their Commercial concentrate, send a PM -- I picked up a 7-1/2 ounce bottle of it early this year, still have plenty.

Thank you for the info...I was just there and it states that the commercial concentrated tobacco should be cut with water...does this have to or is this just to water down the flavor...thank you

rockyroad

Life is Good
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2010
Indiana

Thanks for the link Mark. I have only used this TOBACCO ABSOLUTE: Samara Botane Aromatic Apothecary for my tobacco flavor. It does a nice job of adding body, depth and that satisfying ciggy hit. I had no idea all those concentrates were around. Will try a few very soon.

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
Wizard labs has some Seedmans. It does not need to be cut with water. As far as vinegar, Its white vinegar or cider vinegar. I never use more than 1-2 drops per 5ml. Ethyl Maltol will also smooth out harsh notes in tobaccos and blend them but since you dont want sweetness I dont recommend it. Stick with vinegar.

My Buffalobacco tobacco recipe is in the diy recipes section. It uses seedmans commercial, tob absolute, and tpa dk/555 bases. Have a look at it. Its probably right up your alley and includes instructions for adjusting it and what those adjustments will do to the vape.

I dont find tpa dk to be floral at all. In fact its more nutty to me. Ive never used it past 6% tho.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread