Secret Santa...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyMonk

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
Is there a way for the forum to have a Secret Santa for instances when people quit nicotine altogether so that the e-devices and parts and juices can be distributed to those in need.

I see a lot of technical difficulties in this and much would depend on future laws.

But, if things became hard to come-by ...
And, the person quitting would have peace of mind that a knowledgeable member would responsibly dole out the items to others using vaping as a means of quitting.

Just an idea...don't know if it could become viable

MonkeyMonk

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
This is what I'm thinking... Two things: 1) when someone quits and 2) when someone dies

It's like there are the "guardians" of the forum. Not just moderators, but the "guardians"; They read posts and they can read right through the "smoke". They know who's legit and who's shamming a tad. They have common sense and good gut instincts.

So, if a person were to quit or die, then their e-cigs could be boxed and sent to that "guardian(s)", preferably an annomyous contact with only a screen name composed of perhaps a tribunal. Thus, if supplies became hard to come by/import, the "guardian(s)" would be able to dole out replacements, or gifts to the financially strapped.

I guess what I'm saying is that I would hate to die and have my kids send all my stuff to the garbage dump or give it to "dummies" who wouldn't respect it properly. Likewise, with quitting, I could guess at whom could benefit, but un-like the "guardians", I wouldn't have all the needed information to make an informed and accurate choice.

Am I making any sense?

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Yes, that makes sense but it might be a tall order to find people willing to take on the responsibilities of a guardian. They would be open to accusations of bad judgement, favouritism, nepotism and corruption.

A committee of people who act as trustees for the community might work. This would have to be a long term project because it would work best with an established reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread