• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Second Annual Vaping Convention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Bill

ECF Veteran
As a newbie to PVs, I've only tried two models so far, and they've been working fine for me. But it limits my frame of reference while participating here, and I can't afford to buy all the models, curious as I am about them.

When and where's the next big vaping Convention going to take place in the USA so I can check everything out? Hopefully it will be on the west coast. Maybe Reno or Vegas? Los Angeles?

There are so many suppliers available to participate in organizing the convention, I'm certain it will be a first-rate affair.

Uncle Bill

ECF Veteran
Actually, there is another way to look at it. This may be the best time for such a gathering, and might be the only time it could be possible. Why not take our crusade to the masses? The problem is we advocates are pretty much cloistered in forums such as this while there are hundreds of thousands of smokers who are completely unaware that the PV option exists. We need these folks with us if there is any hope of a grass-roots resistance gaining strength. We need organizers and we need exposure. We need a convention.

Actually, there is another way to look at it. This may be the best time for such a gathering, and might be the only time it could be possible. Why not take our crusade to the masses? The problem is we advocates are pretty much cloistered in forums such as this while there are hundreds of thousands of smokers who are completely unaware that the PV option exists. We need these folks with us if there is any hope of a grass-roots resistance gaining strength. We need organizers and we need exposure. We need a convention.

Where in SoCal are you? Maybe we start with a Vapers Club. I feel like a lone soldier on a mission in Orange County. lol

Uncle Bill

ECF Veteran
Where in SoCal are you? Maybe we start with a Vapers Club. I feel like a lone soldier on a mission in Orange County. lol

I'm at Big Bear Lake, an inconvenient distance from Orange County. I'm not sure what a vapers club could contribute to spreading the gospel and gathering support for the PV experience. A club, like this forum, is more a gathering of individuals finding comfort in like-mindedness than an engine for changing the ideas of, and educating society at large. Significant change sometimes requires large, bold, unexpected strokes of action, hence my suggestion for a vapers convention that would be absolutely overground and, hopefully, controversial enough to get the attention and perhaps support of tobacco smokers who also happen to be voters. This is one way to intimidate city hall when they get a bug up their collective arses to regulate our harmless little pleasures.

Raven_Blackblade

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Kent, Washington
Ya know... I totally second this, and I second that it be in Vegas. Where else would we be able to get away with something like this. NOT TO MENTION.... With as many smokers as there are in Vegas it is the perfect place to get some ground roots.

I would also like to recommend Salt Lake City, Utah for a convention. They have an amazing convention center that is bloody HUGE! And the hotels around give some pretty spiffy rates :)

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
What a good idea! Must say, where ever it is, I would be waiting here patiently for a LOT of Peer coverage of such an event, and would be guessing it would be very well attended!! This Forum has been a truly eye-opening experience, seeing everyone face to face would be terrific. And I do agree with UncleBill, here. Maybe the publicity could be construed as a good way for Law Enforcement to get their raids all scheduled, but I have a feeling it just may be a lot more positive to the public perception of e-cigs. They are not yet banned, let's go with the theory that in the interest of fairness and maybe stepping on political toes, e-cigs could not be banned unless conventional tobacco industry is banned as well. And we all know that will never happen until politicians are ready to throw them under the bus! NOT

Uncle Bill

ECF Veteran
I naively thought that by posting a suggestion for a vapers convention I could inspire a healthy and popular discussion about getting our little cult of true believers out of the shadows and into the sunlight. In other words, stimulate ideas for starting an effective movement that might counter the efforts of those who are determined to make vaping simply a passing fad. While waiting for some feedback I watched a thread on cat piss capture the imagination of my peers. There was indignation, commiseration, and thoughtful suggestions galore. Hmm.

Okay. Never mind. Let's just sign those petitions and email our senators. That should be enough.

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
I naively thought that by posting a suggestion for a vapers convention I could inspire a healthy and popular discussion about getting our little cult of true believers out of the shadows and into the sunlight. In other words, stimulate ideas for starting an effective movement that might counter the efforts of those who are determined to make vaping simply a passing fad. While waiting for some feedback I watched a thread on cat piss capture the imagination of my peers. There was indignation, commiseration, and thoughtful suggestions galore. Hmm.

Okay. Never mind. Let's just sign those petitions and email our senators. That should be enough.
I run a very lively and passionate forum in the UK (totally unrelated to e-cigs) and learned a long time ago that, whilst people are great behind a keyboard, asking them to step away from that keyboard and travel more than half an hour's distance away to meet in person was just a waste of time (same dozen people prepared to travel anywhere in the country, but no-one else could be bothered - even if it was practically on their doorstep; was to their benefit; and with plenty of notice :()

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread