Status
Not open for further replies.

Leithan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Fort Irwin
In the Vape Mail today!
It's a pretty nice tank, the machining looks a lot better in person then it did in the pics on Atmistique.
You get an extra tank, a set of O rings and of course the prerequisit blue velvet bag.
This thing will put a death grip on cartos and the Killer 705. I don't have a diver yet so I wasn't able to try one out. The Center O rings are Tight!
The cap set up is kind of neat, the tank has the O rings and the caps are cuped so the tank seals to the inside of the cups. No big chunks of caps hanging out in the tank to cut juice capacity. The tanks are one piece and the beauty ring is held on by an O ring that snaps into a groove around the center of the tank. The tank is plastic, I mostly vape tobacco flavored juices so I don't worry about tank cracking much. If anyone is interested I'll break the tank down later on tonight and get some pics of the individual pieces. The bottom fill hole is huge compared to any other fill hole tank I have seen. Defiantly don't need a syringe to fill it. Over all I think this thing is a win!
scuba 1.jpg scuba 2.jpg scuba 3.jpg

Leithan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Fort Irwin
It's the Damn NY sort facility, It takes three days to get from Greece to NY, then it just sits. They lost my first package I ordered from Atmistique. They found it three weeks later........Shipment all depends on how long it sits in NY. Average for me out here in the Peoples Republic of California is 8 days. Only down side so far to the scuba tank is I should of ordered more than one. I foresee these being very popular.

Last edited:

Kataphraktos

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
New York, NY
In the Youtube video showing setup, it was mentioned they will release a stainless tank for it.

If I go Diver + Scuba ("If" LOL), I'd pick one up as well, but the beauty ring and the fact that the caps drape over the top and bottom rims of the tank tells me this should be a lot more shatter resistant than your typical glass/Pyrex/plastic/etc. tank.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
It's the Damn NY sort facility, It takes three days to get from Greece to NY, then it just sits. They lost my first package I ordered from Atmistique. They found it three weeks later........Shipment all depends on how long it sits in NY. Average for me out here in the Peoples Republic of California is 8 days. Only down side so far to the scuba tank is I should of ordered more than one. I foresee these being very popular.

You're right. My last Atmistique package, some 2 weeks ago, landed at Chicago. It got here much faster. I wonder what determines where the package enters the States.

I ordered mine the first day they were available. Just got a bad routing.

Last month when I was back in Vegas, it seemed that I received packages much quicker from abroad.

- Andy . . . Don't let the Ciggieman getcha . . . Vape'em.

Leithan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Fort Irwin
It feels like......quality? I don't know, It's like all of their products, they look simple but when you hold one in your hand you go wow these are really great quality. I think one of these with the brass ring on an ELA with the brass ring would be dead ... sexy. I didn't used to care much for plastic tanks. But I have broken quite a few Pyrex tanks and not one plastic tank from drops. The biggest problem I have had with plastic tanks has always been the threading in the plastic. Screw them in enough times into a SS cap and the plastic wears down and snaps. The way they designed these tanks is genius. And just in case you decide to tempt fate with a possible tank eating juice, they include a second tank.

Kataphraktos

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
New York, NY
This tank looks very well thought out.

I love how the fill hole is on the bottom, so it gets trapped shut when you screw it on to the connector, and it is set up as an o-ring to benefit from that action - a screw-based fill hole would not benefit from this. Time will tell how this wears with time, but being paranoid, i would want to stock up on that size O-ring to be able to change it, as it will wear out from frequent use.

I also love that the SS caps drape over the plastic tube, instead of plugging in. As mentioned before, this means more room in the tank for juice, and it means the SS caps act to protect the plastic tube, and provide physical and structural support in case of a drop, instead of acting against the plastic to amplify the impact of a fall, as in a traditional tank.

Overall, this is ballsy engineering.

The only reason I haven't picked one up with a Diver just yet: I've never dealt with NR wire, and I want to make sure I develop my preferred method of creating these for myself before I go all-in.

Then again, if I decide this setup isn't for me, it would last for all of 2 seconds in the Classifieds... my Amex is crooning at me again... "Swipe Me... Swipe Me Big Boy... Make Me Feel Loved..."

Kataphraktos

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
New York, NY
I love making coils, perhaps a bit too much. I know once I go R/NR I'll get even more creative. I'd like to mess with it on the eBDP first, get used to it. I just have way too many toys here, all in a period of less than 2 months - Provari, Reos VV, iGo-L, A7, Reomizer, Kayfun 3.1, Tatroe'd Protanks, eBDP, various grades of wire, ribbon, Ekowool, and about 120 bottles of ejuice which I am tasting over and over to see which will remain in circulation and which will go to the Classifieds.

Once I am done with the Culling of Juices, it will be time for a Culling of Hardware. Then I'll consider a Scuba + Diver.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
and?! And?! And?! And?!

Hahaha . . . Prior to ordering it, I didn't like the fact that the tube was not glass. However, upon thinking about it, some of my silica based tank systems do not have glass tube, as well.

Moving forward, I like the tank. The caps are well made and the o-rings are tight. The bottom fill hole is nice. It makes for a simple task when filling the tank. I like the configurable accent rings.

Waiting for the Atmistique Grail next, as I enjoy using a dripping atty in the evenings.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Has any one herd of them coming out with a ss tank not just covers?

Perhaps, down the road, at some point. In the meantime, I have a Vaperfexion Pro V2 tank with an additional SS tube. It's a very nice looking tank for the provari.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread