Scared

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trouble is, vaping is such a gift that you can easily forget how much you hated each and every analog you smoked. Life seems to get back to normal and the joy of the first few analog-free days becomes a distant memory.

Too true. Smoking was such a huge part of my life, and that "hey look at me I'm a non-smoker" feeling goes away pretty quickly. But vaping is really a gift. I couldn't have quit without it. When I cheated, it was mostly due to overconfidence, because I really know that I hate smoking (and would not go back to smoking full time) and have something else that I enjoy more. Which is a dangerous little trap, because one can lead to many which can lead to that cycle where you are always thinking you will quit soon, but you never actually do.

Fisherman

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
UK
That x-ray guy is just the right sort of bloke that needs to hear about the vaping story so that he can pass it on, but I know that you had other things on your mind at the time:|. I've got a feeling that you're going to get whatever treatment is required, if any, and you can go back at some time in the future to spread the word.

But, in the meantime, lets get you sorted first. Big lungs is a good start:D

That x-ray guy is just the right sort of bloke that needs to hear about the vaping story so that he can pass it on, but I know that you had other things on your mind at the time:|. I've got a feeling that you're going to get whatever treatment is required, if any, and you can go back at some time in the future to spread the word.

But, in the meantime, lets get you sorted first. Big lungs is a good start:D
Yeah, right now I'm just worried about what the doctor says. I wish those xrays were easier for people like me to read! Last time I broke my hand, I could not, for the life of me, tell the difference between the break, and all the little mystery stuff.

Fisherman

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
UK
Bad lungs on an x-ray usually show up as a dark area, continuous and covering, perhaps, one third of the lung area. But even then, these "shadows" are not necessarily tumours. Only a professional can read them. If yours are more clear, then that sounds good, but I bet that mine are pretty awful and I am not brave enough to get an x-ray.

My sister's daughter operates one of these whole body (cat?) scanners and she would never get one done on herself because nearly everyone has something not quite right, but not become a problem for 40 years. So I don't want to know! Get through this and we'll have an e-beer over the net:D

Bad lungs on an x-ray usually show up as a dark area, continuous and covering, perhaps, one third of the lung area. But even then, these "shadows" are not necessarily tumours. Only a professional can read them. If yours are more clear, then that sounds good, but I bet that mine are pretty awful and I am not brave enough to get an x-ray.

My sister's daughter operates one of these whole body (cat?) scanners and she would never get one done on herself because nearly everyone has something not quite right, but not become a problem for 40 years. So I don't want to know! Get through this and we'll have an e-beer over the net:D
You're on. An e-beer, and an e-cig:D

stevo_tdo

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Missouri
Hope everything works out fine. I met up with some old friends over the weekend and they noticed my e-cig. First thing after I explained it they asked if i was still spitting up blood. lol not good for a 23 year old. I told them no i feel better now ( smoking cigarettes gives me horrible cases of bronchitis). They seemed thoroughly impressed. The blood was always brought up by one of those deep chest coughs.

Just an update. I got the xray results back (finally). All clear!!!

I didn't want to jinx myself earlier, but there was a particular reason that I was so worried. A little less than a year ago I learned some family history that I didn't know. Essentially, I had reason to fear this particular symptom, at around this age. Suffice it to say that I no longer saw myself as bulletproof.

Anyway, thanks for all the good wishes.

mischiefgrrl

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Los Angeles
I'm glad to hear that things are going ok for you and your x-rays look good!

I don't know why I didn't really associate this before but OMG TAR in our lungs! I'm realizing it as I clean the goo from the windshield of my car.. that's just the residue from what was in my lungs first! Thick, sticky, gooey tar in my lungs... the same stuff they use to pave roads.

I'm actually a little alarmed that I am NOT coughing this stuff up after quitting. I hate the thought of all of that sitting on my lungs. I think tonight I'm going to take a hot steamy bath with eucalyptus oil and try to drudge some of it up. I want it out!

schadoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
I have coughed up frothy blood twice now, I smoked the npro for a week with no problems. i then got a 901 and some liquid. It tasted funny, and the next day I coughed up blood . It went away and was just regullar cough up after about 7 caugh and spits. I then went back to analogs, Yesterday I tried the 901 again , and coughed up blood again this morning? every time i make up my mind to quit analogs and go to vaping totaly i wake up and cough up blood. Has anyone else coughed up blood when first trying vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread