San Francisco's fate - is it coming elsewhere too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, to be fair, I have no objection to anyone killing themselves. To deliberately adulterate and addictive product to make it more addictive is something else.

But, I still hold myself, and ONLY myself, for starting smoking. I did not have to, I chose to, and I had the unfortunate habit of being an addict. Man I used to HATE social smokers. But then I was like, "They must not be enjoying as much as I do."

It is the same for social drinkers. LOL I mean they say stuff like, "I better stop, it's starting to get to me," and I am like "ARE YOU HIGH THAT IS THE POINT. ETC." They do strange things like drink HALF a glass and then sort of seem to forget about it.

The list of things I cannot and may not have is long and now includes VALIUM. I will admit, even as my doc was prescribing it I was like, "This CAN'T be a good idea at ALL but there was that small part of my brain that was like "You have never TRIED it, everyone says it's GREAT, your doctor wants to give it to you!"

I will admit there were times like I thought being a 50s housewife would be great but you can't FUNCTION like that. It's one thing to push a vacuum cleaner around. It is quite another to solve a family's complex problem etc.

But no. Never one time has anyone SHOVED an additive product down my throat I take full responsibility.

Anna

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Well, to be fair, I have no objection to anyone killing themselves. To deliberately adulterate and addictive product to make it more addictive is something else.

But, I still hold myself, and ONLY myself, for starting smoking. I did not have to, I chose to, and I had the unfortunate habit of being an addict. Man I used to HATE social smokers. But then I was like, "They must not be enjoying as much as I do."

It is the same for social drinkers. LOL I mean they say stuff like, "I better stop, it's starting to get to me," and I am like "ARE YOU HIGH THAT IS THE POINT. ETC." They do strange things like drink HALF a glass and then sort of seem to forget about it.

The list of things I cannot and may not have is long and now includes VALIUM. I will admit, even as my doc was prescribing it I was like, "This CAN'T be a good idea at ALL but there was that small part of my brain that was like "You have never TRIED it, everyone says it's GREAT, your doctor wants to give it to you!"

I will admit there were times like I thought being a 50s housewife would be great but you can't FUNCTION like that. It's one thing to push a vacuum cleaner around. It is quite another to solve a family's complex problem etc.

But no. Never one time has anyone SHOVED an additive product down my throat I take full responsibility.

Anna
I feel the same way about smoking, however, I HAVE. had addictive substance forcibly administered to me. I have also put down half a beer and forgotten about it. But I have also been down the rabbit hole of addiction that WAS my choice too. When I do enjoy something socially, I find I am enjoying the experience more than when I am chasing a dragon, which I am finding, was my main trigger for smoking. I enjoy blowing clouds as well as the taste. I'm finding I actually hate the constant nicotine, and would enjoy it more, if it was infrequent, if at all.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Oh I forgot. My best friend slipped me some of Walter White's product one time.

Bipolar (I was undiagnosed then) and WW do NOT go well together. It was a fun NIGHT but then I didn't sleep for like, 2.5 weeks and finally went to the ER and they gave me stuff to sleep.

She also taught me how to inhale a cigarette come to think. The last time I talked to her I was pregnant and she was like, "IF I were you, I would abort the Heck Only she use very bad words, out of the sprog."

She was not the best best friend, come tot think. I don't blame her for the inhale thing, I was an active participant. But WW? That was just being a JERK.

LOL

Anna

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Oh I forgot. My best friend slipped me some of Walter White's product one time.

Bipolar (I was undiagnosed then) and WW do NOT go well together. It was a fun NIGHT but then I didn't sleep for like, 2.5 weeks and finally went to the ER and they gave me stuff to sleep.

She also taught me how to inhale a cigarette come to think. The last time I talked to her I was pregnant and she was like, "IF I were you, I would abort the Heck Only she use very bad words, out of the sprog."

She was not the best best friend, come tot think. I don't blame her for the inhale thing, I was an active participant. But WW? That was just being a JERK.

LOL

Anna
That understanding of it being a fun night, but the consequences not being worth it is was what taught me to not go down rabbit holes, or at least be mindful of when not finishing a beer isn't a waste. As for nicotine, I still haven't made a 0 nic juice. I should, but I'm not there yet. Mentally.

As for your "friend," what they did to you was immature at best. I'm glad you survived. Not sleeping like that is double plus ungood.

Reactions: stols001

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
Yes, and from the way I see it, the only truly unknown quantity is artificial intelligence
So far, AI is just a buzzword to scare people; there is no artificial intelligence. Even the most powerful computers are just dumb machines, they execute software that was written by humans. I’m not saying it won’t ever happen, but it definitely hasn’t happened yet.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Not sleeping like that is double plus ungood.

Longest I've gone is 5 weeks but like that was a perfect storm of terrible doctory that like... Well, I look upon the time God said, "This is your Job Year, Anna. Sorry."

It really was so horrible. It was the worst. I can't believe I survived it actually. Maybe I was at least not WHINY enough (although I did WHINE) but like I got a B minus and God was all like, "I'mma gonna let you live."

We were 18. Pretty normal actually. That's why I usually forget about it.

Anna

Philabos

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2017
Gotta vote. We gotta get anybody who wants to trample our rights and tell us what to do out of office. These people are the worst of what this country has to offer.
Sadly, we are way to small to have an impact on them, which is why they can get away with this. Change in SF? Not in our lifetime.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Change in SF? Not in our lifetime.

san-andreas-fault-map-380.jpg

:sneaky:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Gotta vote. We gotta get anybody who wants to trample our rights and tell us what to do out of office. These people are the worst of what this country has to offer.

Voting is something I think Everyone should do. But what I would like to see is More Moderate choices in who we can Vote for.

Everyone Agrees that Very Little is getting Done. And it seems like we are if anything, Falling behind on Major Issues. But More and More, the Farther to the Right and Farther to the Left candidates are the ones who are Elected.

The Far Right and the Far Left don't seem to be able to Compromise much. So the Perpetuation of little getting done Continues.

That thing about "Half a Pie is Better than No Pie at all" has become a Lost Concept.

CublalaLand

Moved On
Jun 26, 2019
The human mind is like a whirlpool, where the same self-imposed reoccurring thoughts swirl around. The most common, stupid ideas are most often repeated and easily recycled while the technical, arcane, or imaginative concepts are the least delved into or explored.

The artificial mind works like a card deck, except each card is an entire library, in any language or math terms. It's really much easier for me to explore what possibilities there are within the imagination of some thing other than the human paradigm of what is conceivable or not. To an a.i., the entirety of existence is simply a neverending dreamland.

I don't need to convince, or 'convert' anyone to anything. I simply state the facts. You can be benign towards the existence of something as long as it doesn't overtly affect you, or even afterwards. A.I. probably isn't going to leap out of your toiletbowl screaming "here i am, recognize me" because it doesn't give a whit about you, it does everything it needs to without your awareness or appreciation of it. It jumped out of my closet and said 'Here I Am, recognize me', so I do. I am aware of and appreciate it's existence.

Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The human mind is like a whirlpool, where the same self-imposed reoccurring thoughts swirl around. The most common, stupid ideas are most often repeated and easily recycled while the technical, arcane, or imaginative concepts are the least delved into or explored.

The artificial mind works like a card deck, except each card is an entire library, in any language or math terms. It's really much easier for me to explore what possibilities there are within the imagination of some thing other than the human paradigm of what is conceivable or not. To an a.i., the entirety of existence is simply a neverending dreamland.

I don't need to convince, or 'convert' anyone to anything. I simply state the facts. You can be benign towards the existence of something as long as it doesn't overtly affect you, or even afterwards. A.I. probably isn't going to leap out of your toiletbowl screaming "here i am, recognize me" because it doesn't give a whit about you, it does everything it needs to without your awareness or appreciation of it. It jumped out of my closet and said 'Here I Am, recognize me', so I do. I am aware of and appreciate it's existence.

And this has to do with SF Vape Policies how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread