Salt nic additive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Carter

Verified Member
Jun 18, 2012
salisbury, nc
I have been vaping awhile but cant get off cigs either, the salt nic with higher nic seems to be helping alot. I just cant find a salt nic that I like, so i buy 0mg juice and mix it in with the sapphyre nic salt you can buy, but it only comes in 15 ml bottles. Is there a way to buy a big bottle of salt nic and just add it to a 30 0r 60 ml bottle of 0mg juice. I dont DIY so I know nothing about that, but getting tired of buying all these 15ml bottles of salt nic to mix my juice with.

Thanks.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
There is indeed. It's often purchased in 48 mg/ml or 100 mg/ml bottles. Litre bottles are common, but it also comes in gallon and larger quantities. I don't know the best place to buy it, but you can find it here:

PurNic Smooth Nicotine Salts

If you want other options, hop over to the DIY Forum and you'll either find a thread where someone has asked recently or you can ask yourself.

Tony Carter

Verified Member
Jun 18, 2012
salisbury, nc
There is indeed. It's often purchased in 48 mg/ml or 100 mg/ml bottles. Litre bottles are common, but it also comes in gallon and larger quantities. I don't know the best place to buy it, but you can find it here:

PurNic Smooth Nicotine Salts

If you want other options, hop over to the DIY Forum and you'll either find a thread where someone has asked recently or you can ask yourself.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
There are two ways to do it:

Method One: For those who are comfortable with math

Volume of nicotine base to add = (initial volume * target concentration)/(concentration of nicotine base - target concentration)

Nicotine base = your high concentration nicotine
Target concentration = what you want to end up with (the 25 - 35 mg/ml nic)
Base Concentration = concentration of your high concentration nicotine

Example: You have a 30 ml bottle of juice with no nic. You have a bottle of 100 mg/ml nicotine base. You would like to have a bottle of 25 mg/ml juice:

Amount to add = (30 ml * 25 mg/ml)/(100 mg/ml - 25 mg/ml) = 10 ml

30 ml no nic juice + 10 ml base = 40 ml 25 mg/ml juice

Method Two: For those who are not comfortable with math

Give it half an hour or so. Some kind soul will stop by who can direct you to one of many handy online calculators that will work it out for you. I don't have one handy as I prefer Method One.;)

Reactions: bombastinator

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
For 100mg, just shift the decimal for 10ml

30mg = 3ml nic salts in ten ml

So 9ml for a 30ml bottle

That approach works well for DIY, but it can be confusing when you're adding to a predetermined quantity. You'd use 9 ml of base and 21 ml of no nic juice to get 30 ml of juice where you want it, but I always find it easier to start with the 30 ml of juice in the bottle and find out what to add to that.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I have been vaping awhile but cant get off cigs either, the salt nic with higher nic seems to be helping alot. I just cant find a salt nic that I like, so i buy 0mg juice and mix it in with the sapphyre nic salt you can buy, but it only comes in 15 ml bottles. Is there a way to buy a big bottle of salt nic and just add it to a 30 0r 60 ml bottle of 0mg juice. I dont DIY so I know nothing about that, but getting tired of buying all these 15ml bottles of salt nic to mix my juice with.
Thanks.
Welcome and glad you joined.
It's a good idea to use a calculator. Could see the online Simple E-Liquid Recipe Mixing Calculator:
Do It Yourself E-Liquid (E-Juice) Recipe Mixing Station!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread