• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Sad news. Flattus Maximus is no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
I found out last night that GWAR guitarist Cory Smoot passed away while on tour. He was found in the tour bus by his band mates just before they were going to cross the border into Canada. The cause of death is unknown at this time and won't be known until the medical examiner finishes but he was reported as being in love with his wife and excited about the future and showed no signs of illness during the show that night. GWAR has announced that the band will go on but in honor of Cory will retire the character Flattus Maximus. Cory was the sixth and now final person to play that role. Memorial service have not been announced yet.

On a personal note, I had the pleasure of meeting Cory several times after shows and he along with the other members of GWAR were some of the best people I've ever had the opportunity to know. He loved his work and I agree that he WOULD want GWAR to go on. He said as much to me himself. The first Flattus I met was Zach Blair back in 1999 and said as much to Cory. We talked about the progression of GWAR's characters and his take on the character. He told me he loved the fact that he was adding to the 'world of GWAR' and while he was in no hurry to leave anytime soon, was kind of excited to see what the next Flattus would do. You see, Cory was a GWAR fan long before he joined the line-up, and knew that members came and went but GWAR, GWAR never changes. ;) I'll miss you Cory. Kick a couple scumdogs for me till I get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread