Sacramento trying to ban e-cigs NBC news

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
SB 648. Here is the link to video from the last hearing. It's not a ban on e-cigs, but will subject e-cigs to the same regulations that prevent smoking in public and some private places. As of my latest info, a compromise is considered for SB 648 that will allow e-cig use in rented residences regardless of what a landlord says, and vaping in a hospital room may be allowed.

Senate Health Committee

Last edited:

vap0rator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
San Clemente, CA USA
AB 648. Here is the link to video from the last hearing. It's not a ban on e-cigs, but will subject e-cigs to the same regulations that prevent smoking in public and some private places. As of my latest info, a compromise is considered for AB 648 that will allow e-cig use in rented residences regardless of what a landlord says, and vaping in a hospital room may be allowed.

Senate Health Committee

My daughter had pancreatitis and while she was hospitalized, for a week, the hospital allowed her to vape in her room. I thought that was pretty cool. That was last November

vap0rator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
San Clemente, CA USA
AB 648. Here is the link to video from the last hearing. It's not a ban on e-cigs, but will subject e-cigs to the same regulations that prevent smoking in public and some private places. As of my latest info, a compromise is considered for AB 648 that will allow e-cig use in rented residences regardless of what a landlord says, and vaping in a hospital room may be allowed.

Senate Health Committee

Should be SB 648

O'Face

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2013
Indianapolis, IN USA
SB 648. Here is the link to video from the last hearing. It's not a ban on e-cigs, but will subject e-cigs to the same regulations that prevent smoking in public and some private places. As of my latest info, a compromise is considered for SB 648 that will allow e-cig use in rented residences regardless of what a landlord says, and vaping in a hospital room may be allowed.

Senate Health Committee

Thanks for posting this yzer! Crazy we can can have that much opposition, and still a 4 (I) to 2 (nay) vote :( I believe that group missed the big picture. While the senator states she is not trying to ban ecigs, she is forcing vapors to be in the same areas as analog smokers. This would be a great health risk for us vapors! I watch the calls to action like a hawk, and really wish I could have been there to give my resounding NAY!!!

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Thanks for posting this yzer! Crazy we can can have that much opposition, and still a 4 (I) to 2 (nay) vote :( I believe that group missed the big picture. While the senator states she is not trying to ban ecigs, she is forcing vapors to be in the same areas as analog smokers. This would be a great health risk for us vapors! I watch the calls to action like a hawk, and really wish I could have been there to give my resounding NAY!!!
This is an important point but it can be applied the other way. If ex-smokers who are non-vapers are sharing an office or restaurant with vapers they may be subject to relapse. The sight of us vapers puffing away might send them running to the next gas station for a pack of smokes. So I guess the fair thing would be to permit or prohibit both equally. I don't like the idea of going outside to share a smoking area with tobacco burners. Rather than do that I'll go outside and walk far enough upwind to avoid their smoke. I can't expect businesses to provide both a smoking area and a vaping area. A vaping area doesn't require an ashtray, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread