Status
Not open for further replies.

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
9. Who took over as play by play announcer on Monday Night Football following the departure of Frank Gifford in 1985? Al Michaels

Not really. Frank Gifford didn't DEPART Monday Night Football until 1997.
He did move to color commentary in 1986 and Michaels took over play by play, however.

Good afternoon Vapers. I come bearing trivia questions for eager minds to answer. PM me your response and enter to win 600 rewards points to be used towards your next purchase. I will be announcing the winner on Wednesday. Good luck folks :D

Catergory: Classic Video Games

1. What classic video game required the player to jump from cube to cube to change the colors of the blocks while avoiding Coily, Ugg, Slick, Sam, and Wrongway?

2. In the video game Donkey Kong, a damsel in distress, Pauline, gets rescued from the title character by who?

3. In which game does a knight ride an ostrich and attempt to a destroy an enemy knight by colliding with the other knight?

4. In one of the most popular arcade games of all time, Pacman features ghosts by the name of Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and who else?

5. In which game do you pick one of these characters: Thor the Warrior, Merlin the Wizard, Thyra the Valkyrie or Quest the Elf to transverse though a dungeon while attacking monsters, collecting treasure, food, and potions?

6. What is the name of the cheat code that appeared in many classic video games that is Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A?

7. What game was released for the Mac in 1993 in which special books written by an artisan and explorer named Atrus are used to travel to several worlds known as “Ages”

8. In which classic video game do you dig underground tunnels while avoiding the Pookas and Fygars that can be defeated by pumping them up until they explode or by luring them under a rock and crushing them?

9. What Windows game, first appearing on Windows 3.1, is still standard on the operating system and is the oldest non-card based game to hold that distinction.

10. What company introduced the pong video game?

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
1. What classic video game required the player to jump from cube to cube to change the colors of the blocks while avoiding Coily, Ugg, Slick, Sam, and Wrongway?

Interesting fact: I actually played this game for 15 hours on one quarter in college. Started playing after breakfast in the dorm and didn't finish until nearly midnight. Missed all my classes that day and had a couple of friends take over when I needed a little break (had so many men built up that even though they kept dieing, I was safe). Those were the days.

Marina2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2015
USA
I have many fond memories of that game, too. The flying discs and sending Coily to his death! The little swear bubble that appeared when he got bonked on the head... yep, those were the days! I played it on one of these:

4nIt80q.jpg

Super Breakout was another game I wasted many hours on. My kingdom to go back and waste them all over again.

Hey Vapers! You guys are AWESOME! Thank you to all those who participated in this week's trivia contest. Please help me in congratulating our winner @warpedone. You'll be receiving your points this afternoon. Thanks again for playing and tune in next week for more trivia!!

1. What classic video game required the player to jump from cube to cube to change the colors of the blocks while avoiding Coily, Ugg, Slick, Sam, and Wrongway? A: Q-Bert

2. In the video game Donkey Kong, a damsel in distress, Pauline, gets rescued from the title character by who? A: Mario

3. In which game does a knight ride an ostrich and attempt to a destroy an enemy knight by colliding with the other knight? A: Joust

4. IN one of the most popular arcade games of all time, Pacman features ghosts by the name of Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and who else? A: Clyde

5. In which game do you pick one of these characters: Thor the Warrior, Merlin the Wizard, Thyra the Valkyrie or Quest the Elf to transvers though a dungeon while attacking monsters, collecting treasure, food and potions? A: Gauntlet

6. What is the name of the cheat code that appeared in many classic video games that is Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A? A: Konami Code; Contra Code; or 30 Lives Code

7. What game was released for the Mac in 1993 in which special books written by an artisan and explorer named Atrus are used to travel to several worlds known as “Ages” A: Myst

8. In which classic video game do you dig underground tunnels while avoiding the Pookas and Fygars that can be defeated by pumping them up until they explode or by luring them under a rock and crushing them? A: Dig Dug

9. What Windows game, first appearing on Windows 3.1, is still standard on the operating system and is the oldest non-card based game to hold that distinction. A: Minesweeper

10. What company introduced the pong video game? A: Atari

#RIPPRINCE

Reactions: greasegizzard
Good morning Vapers! Time again for more trivia. Remember to PM me your answers. I'll be announcing the winner on Thursday. Good luck to all those participating!! #VapeOn

Category: Fictional Locations, Things, and Stuff, ect

1. What Peter Benchley novel, later turned into a movie features a fictional summer resort town called Amity Island?

2. In SpongeBob Squarepants, what it the name of the underwater city where SpongeBob, Patrick and Squidward live?

3. What was the name of the planet in Star Wars where Luke Skywalker studied under his mentor Yoda?

4. On what TV show would you find a pre-school named the Ayn Rand School for Tots?

5. What fictional high street is accessible to the wizarding world, to which it is something of an economic hub, but its hidden from Muggles?

6. In what fictional place would you find Eriador, Gondor, Rohan and Rhovanion?

7. You would find a fictional Republic of San Lorenzo in what Kurt Vonnegut satiric novel?

8. What robotics company is responsible for creating SkyNet in the Terminator Films?

9. What is the county seat of the Fictional Mist county, Minnasota?

10. According to Tina Turner’s character, what fictional town does Master Blaster rule?

Afternoon Vapers. Please help me in congratulating this week's winner @diabolique. Huge THANK YOU to all of our trivia contests. Its great to see you all participating. Everyone is welcome to play! Stay tuned for more trivia coming up for the weekend!

1. What Peter Benchley novel, later turned into a movie features a fictional summer resort town called Amity Island? A: Jaws

2. In SpongeBob Squarepants, what it the name of the underwater city where SpongeBob, Patrick and Squidward live? A: Bikini Bottom

3. What was the name of the planet in Star Wars where Luke Skywalker studied under his mentor Yoda? A: Dagobah

4. On what TV show would you find a pre-school named the Ayn Rand School for Tots? A: The Simpsons

5. What fictional high street is accessible to the wizarding world, to which it is something of an economic hub, but its hidden from Muggles? A: Diagon Valley

6. In what fictional place would you find Eriador, Gondor, Rohan and Rhovanion? A:Middle Earth

7. You would find a fictional Republic of San Lorenzo in what Kurt Vonnegut satiric novel? A: Cat’s Cradle

8. What robotics company is responsible for creating SkyNet in the Terminator Films? A: Cyerdyne Systems

9. What is the county seat of the Fictional Mist county, Minnasota? A: Lake Wobegon

10. According to Tina Turner’s character, what fictional town does Master Blaster rule? A: Bartertown

Reactions: Marina2
Good afternoon Vapers. Here's a little weekend trivia for you. I'll be announcing the winner on Monday morning. Just PM me those answers. Have fun and good luck to everyone participating. Have a wonderful weekend folks!

Category: Internet Phenomena

What did a Quebecois teenager become known as after a video appeared on the internet showing him swinging a golf ball retriever around wildly. Many parodies of the video were also made and circulated?

2. What internet phenomenon shows an image of an animal along with an idiosyncratic caption in broken English?For Example, “I can has cheeseburger.”

3. What internet phenomenon was featured in Ally McBeal was a recurring hallucination that represented the ticking of Ally’s biological clock?

4. What rock group won a Grammy award for their song “Here It Goes Again” in which the video for the song showed them dancing on treadmills which spawned many you tube tributes?

5. What internet celebrity has one of the top 20 most watched channels on youtube and is most famous for his “Leave Britney Alone” video?

6. On a widely mirrored internet site, as proof of his evil, what puppet is shown consorting with nefarious figures such as Adolf Hitler, Osama Bin Laden and Jerry Springer, and also present at tragedies such as the JFK assassination?

7. What song did Mick Jones former guitarist for the Clash, write and publish after being inspired by an event publicized on youtube involving Andrew Meyer and John Kerry?

8. In another popular youtube video, two-liters of diet coke can be made into a shooting geyser when what objects are dropped into the bottle?

9. What Internet series did Jessica Lee Rose, a New Zealand actress, star in as a home-schooled character named Bree. The series originally purported to a real video blog but was later revealed as a hoax.

10. Producers of what film added several scenes anticipated by fans in response to internet buzz prior to the film’s release, and also before any promotional material was even released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread