RTS Trivia Contests

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Hello everyone! This new trivia is TV & Radio (with a MASH question thrown in for @Debadoo). Contest going forward will be for a coupon for 90% off $125 and will have a one year expiration. This contest will run through Monday night and the winner will be announced on Tuesday. Please PM answers for newcomers and have fun!

1. What was the name of the newspaper started by cross-dressing Corporal Max Klinger on the hit TV sitcom M*A*S*H?

2. What famous catchphrase delivered by Peter Falk indicated that Columbo, TV’s rumpled detective, was closing in on the criminal?

3. What one-time TV Western star go his acting start in college when someone strong was needed to carry bodies in a student production of Arsenic and Old Lace?

4. What new career did actor Jay Silverheels, best known for his portrayal of the Lone Ranger’s faithful companion, Tonto, launch after retiring from show business in 1984?

5. What TV show featured radio station KBHR? How about radio station KJCM?

6. On the TV sitcom The Munsters, what was Lily Munster’s maiden name?

7. What did the American Lung Association call the “awards” it issued in 1996 to TV dramas it felt wrongly glamorized smoking?

8. In what role did Helen Hunt, star of the TV sitcom Mad About You, appear on The Mary Tyler Moore Show when she was elven years old?

9. What Holly wood sexpot played the wicked Siren on the Batman television series?

10. Who plays Captain Kangaroo, and what other well-known television character did he play?

11. The only time Ralph Edwards did not host This is Your Life, was on January 30, 1957. Who was the substitute host that night?

12. What actress, appearing in the TV series Dynasty, made her television debut in 1957 in Bachelor Father with her Dynasty co-star John Forsythe?

TheTinMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2016
North Carolina
Just a reminder that tonight is the last night to get your answers sent in!

By what time? EST, same time zone as you. I'm at work but will try to come up with something when I get off this afternoon.

Good luck all and thanks @The_Vapin_Chemist. And RTS for the contest!

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
By what time? EST, same time zone as you. I'm at work but will try to come up with something when I get off this afternoon.

Good luck all and thanks @The_Vapin_Chemist. And RTS for the contest!
I will accept anything that comes in until I get to work tomorrow morning.

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Congratulations @oplholik, you are the winner! I have posted the answers below. Thanks for playing everyone! :)

1. What was the name of the newspaper started by cross-dressing Corporal Max Klinger on the hit TV sitcom M*A*S*H?
a. M*A*S*H Notes

2. What famous catchphrase delivered by Peter Falk indicated that Columbo, TV’s rumpled detective, was closing in on the criminal?
a. “Oh, one more thing.”

3. What one-time TV Western star go his acting start in college when someone strong was needed to carry bodies in a student production of Arsenic and Old Lace?
a. DanBlocker, who played Hoss Cartwright on Bonanza.

4. What new career did actor Jay Silverheels, best known for his portrayal of the Lone Ranger’s faithful companion, Tonto, launch after retiring from show business in 1984?
a. He became a harness-racing driver.

5. What TV show featured radio station KBHR? How about radio station KJCM?
a. KBHR was on Northern Exposure; KJCM, on Midnight Caller.

6. On the TV sitcom The Munsters, what was Lily Munster’s maiden name?
a. Dracula

7. What did the American Lung Association call the “awards” it issued in 1996 to TV dramas it felt wrongly glamorized smoking?
a. Phlemmys. The big winners were Chicago Hope and NYPD Blue.

8. In what role did Helen Hunt, star of the TV sitcom Mad About You, appear on The Mary Tyler Moore Show when she was elven years old?
a. The daughter of head newswriter Murray Slaughter.

9. What Holly wood sexpot played the wicked Siren on the Batman television series?
a. Joan Collins

10. Who plays Captain Kangaroo, and what other well-known television character did he play?
a. Bob Keeshan, who was also the first Clarabell the Clown on The Howdy Doody Show.

11. The only time Ralph Edwards did not host This is Your Life, was on January 30, 1957. Who was the substitute host that night?
a. Ronald Reagan

12. What actress, appearing in the TV series Dynasty, made her television debut in 1957 in Bachelor Father with her Dynasty co-star John Forsythe?
a. Linda Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread