Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
I have the smjy version and I would have recommended that one, but I think it's no longer available. I believe they are pretty much identical. I agree, for me it also became top notch and my go-to rta!
Love my SJMY 2k16's. Right, SJMY 2k16's are no longer available. I grabbed a few last year along with a bunch of the clear tank sections and some spare insulators. I'm still on my first tank section and the threads are fine.

I have the 2K16 version. The only thing, and it's only a minor inconvenience after 2 months or so, is it's a bottom fill atty.
I don't mind bottom fill tanks. I'm used to them from the older KFL, Russian, the newer KFL19 and Dvarw. Although they can get messy when I rush it. :D

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Has anyone had a chance to either look at or use a Niburu RTA, whether it be original or clone. As they do look interesting and they have a top fill.

ULTON Nibiru Style 316SS 22mm RTA 3.1ml - Silver
They do look interesting.

No worries @Katya, seems like some interesting airflow options and a really nice small chamber on the Niburu. It may produce some good flavour, but the only way to know for sure is to have tried one.

We need an unwilling victim, I mean volunteer. :D
Get one and let us know already!!! :D :D

Katya asked about it "for a friend". ;)

It really does look interesting. :p Stolen text, "Looks like a nice RTA. AF is max 1.8mm wide open (single sided). It has JFC and is top fill. There are three different internal chambers/airflows included with the OG. I like the build deck."

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
@ShowMeTwice, unfortunately my vape budget has been overextended for the foreseeable future. :(

Still waiting on some Ulton Taifun GX RDTA clones, I'm hoping that I'll finally get my Ma to switch from smoking to vaping.

Hopefully they'll be something that she can work with.
I hope you get your Mom to switch too.

I went hunting for the authentic. Currently it's only available via a FB group. I won't do those. Supposedly it will be available "soon on Svapodromo".

Many more photo's, a couple more videos + info here (in Italian): Nibiru RTA

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I'm hoping that I'll finally get my Ma to switch from smoking to vaping.

Sorry for my confusion. Are you looking for an RTA for your Mom who's not a vaper yet? Or for yourself? For a beginner/never vaper I'd go with Innokin Adept or Coolfire Z50 and 2 ml Zlide tank. Plug and play. Doesn't get any easier than that.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@ShowMeTwice, thanks for that. I was hoping that a good RDTA would be perfect for her, I'm hoping that the GTR drip tip fits and hopefully it'll be nice with a simple SS316L round wire coil at around 1 ohm in TC for MTL.

And just had a look at the Niburu forum and noticed a price of around €120, possibly upwards. So an Ulton clone would be the best choice for a frugal (cheap) vaper, allowing more to be spent on other shinies such as mods.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
@ShowMeTwice, thanks for that. I was hoping that a good RDTA would be perfect for her, I'm hoping that the GTR drip tip fits and hopefully it'll be nice with a simple SS316L round wire coil at around 1 ohm in TC for MTL.

And just had a look at the Niburu forum and noticed a price of around €120, possibly upwards. So an Ulton clone would be the best choice for a frugal (cheap) vaper, allowing more to be spent on other shinies such as mods.
If I were to get one I would likely go frugal as well. Especially considering it's so new and unknown.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@Katya, no worries. She already has a setup that I put together for her, a Smoant Battlestar Mini with Vaporesso Drizzle tank.

Just that the coils are not as easily available and they don't last that long.

At the moment I've been getting to know the Ulton Taifun GT IV clone and getting it to work with Rayon and TC, finally I seem to be winning. But it certainly has mocked me at times.

Next up is the Aromamiser Supreme V2, with the mesh deck and Vandy Vape SS316L mesh on spools. That's going to be fun, keep an eye out on Ebay for a slightly used lung or kidney that's been coughed up.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
@Katya, no worries. She already has a setup that I put together for her, a Smoant Battlestar Mini with Vaporesso Drizzle tank.

Just that the coils are not as easily available and they don't last that long.

At the moment I've been getting to know the Ulton Taifun GT IV clone and getting it to work with Rayon and TC, finally I seem to be winning. But it certainly has mocked me at times.

Next up is the Aromamiser Supreme V2, with the mesh deck and Vandy Vape SS316L mesh on spools. That's going to be fun, keep an eye out on Ebay for a slightly used lung or kidney that's been coughed up.

Good luck to both of you!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I went hunting for the authentic. Currently it's only available via a FB group. I won't do those. Supposedly it will be available "soon on Svapodromo".

Many more photo's, a couple more videos + info here (in Italian): Nibiru RTA

So did I. ;)

Non-starter for me. As of today, anyway. :D

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Hello ECF,

I've been using the berserker MTL RDA for a while now and I want to buy an RTA that provides great flavor and tight MTL draw that's not expensive (kayfun is not an option ).
I've been told great things about the Hellvape MD RTA and the Expromizer V4 RTA. Which is better? (Any other recommendations are highly appreciated).

Cheers.

I am interested in the new Ares 2, the Precisio and the new Berserker as well too, but I have several Hellvape MD's and I love them! The airflow on the MD goes from very tight to loose, it brings great flavor, it is easy to coil and wick and it's not a leaker. It has a glass tank and spare glass is readily available which is important. The only reason I want to try the Ares 2 and new Berserker is it is fun to try the new RTAs and I think it's a good idea to have a variety of different RTAs.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
I finally got hold of the Ulton Taifun GX RDTA clones today, they look much better in real life and they don't look bad at all with the standard finned cap and the Taifun GTR drip tip.

Machining and materials are excellent, there's some machining oil contamination though. So I'm putting one through my deep cleaning process, but nobody wants a vape of machining oil ever.

Airflow is purely controlled through the use of airflow inserts, the control ring is used for locking the RDTA for transport or allowing air to enter the reservoir to help liquid wicking.

But I'll be able to give more information and of course pictures when the first one has been sorted, I'm going for MTL setup with 2 × single 1mm airflow inserts with a SS316L coil in TC at possibly around 1 ohm. I may have to go lower though, but you've got to go trough the process to find out what an RBA likes.

And hopefully I'll be able to get my Ma to transition to vaping with the GX then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread