Riva batteries and chargers all died at the same time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 Riva 510's from Liberty Flights. One was purchased in February, the other in maybe April. I have 4 batteries and 2 USB chargers that have the wall outlet adapter. I usually charge the batteries with the USB cable in my computer. The other day, none of my batteries would charge....I tried using the wall adapter after trying both USB cables in the computer. I tried both cables in both adapters, and still nothing. The green light was on near the USB plug, but absolutely nothing when I screwed the batteries on. How could EVERYTHING die at once? One battery wasn't even used much, I kept it in my purse with a USB charger for a dead battery on the road. And the real kicker is that Liberty Flights' website has been down since yesterday! At least I have 2 backup NuvoCigs, but after having a Riva for all this time, it's nasty. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on? Thanks!

ardelleg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Alaska
I bought my Riva (1100 mAh) from Vapor Junction and there is a warning about charging these batteries from wall socket only. Not sure if this is connected to your problem, but might be.

Hig

Did the warning give any hint to why that would be an issue? That sounds odd to me, but then lots of things do! :laugh:

TinyTimberGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Wisconsin
picasaweb.google.com
Have you tried cleaning the batteries and charger? For the batteries, I use a Q-tip dipped in Isopropyl and clean the threads inside and out, and don't forget the inside female 'well' that the male charger post contacts. I dry it with the dry end of the Q-tip. I also wipe the charger contact with the then almost dry isopropyl end of the Q-tip. The alcohol evaporate quickly so I just blow on the cleaned areas and plug them in.

Another thing, make sure you connect the battery to the charger BEFORE it's plugged in to the wall outlet. That warning is given for all the Riva's I've purchased at LF. I've only plugged mine into the wall outlet, so I don't know if that would make a difference.

I haven't tried cleaning them.....it just struck me as odd that EVERYTHING stopped working at the same time. And the LF website still isn't working for me, which is seriously irking me...I'm going to try it from another computer and see if it's just mine. I don't know what to do. I will try cleaning today though.

And I didn't notice the warning about connecting the battery before plugging it in to charge. I was just so excited to get it that I didn't read much! :p I typically charged it in the USB on my computer....probably a bad idea.

Thanks everyone!

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I bought my Riva (1100 mAh) from Vapor Junction and there is a warning about charging these batteries from wall socket only. Not sure if this is connected to your problem, but might be.

Hig

I was just at Vapor Junction looking at their Riva 1100 mah batteries and couldn't find the warning that you mentioned. I charge all my Riva batteries with a wall outlet so this concerns me. Can you post the link where you read this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread