Review of Ruyan 4062 e-Cigar

Status
Not open for further replies.

C6Silver

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
I have just received my Ruyan 4062 e-Cigar from Heaven Gifts. I have ordered from these guys before having purchased a DSE-601 e-Pipe that I am thrilled with. As usual this company does a nice job of getting the product to me quickly from China.

The cigar itself looks exactly like the DSE-701 and since this person posted some great shots of what that looks like, I will link to his thread for photos (and also his review of the product). http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ws/32136-review-dse-701-electronic-cigar.html

Unlike the DSE products (i.e. the pipe or cigar) the packaging for the Ruyan product couldn't be cheaper. The product comes in a paper folding box that is basically falling apart. The DSE products come in a wonderfully made box with molded padding that is great for storage. This Ruyan product from HG comes with the cigar itself, 2-3.7 volt batteries with a charger in both European and NA formats. It also comes with 25 pre-filled carts with attached mouth pieces plus an instruction booklet written in Chinese and English and a pamphlet written entirely in Chinese.

Putting my multimeter on the batteries, I found them to be fully charged out of the box. I did use one for testing and then I charged them overnight. A battery charged overnight comes out at about 4 volts which is what I have also found with the e-Pipe. With the e-Pipe I have found the vapor production reduces once the battery gets below 3.5 volts, but I cannot yet say whether that will be the case for this smaller e-Cigar.

I make my own e-juices, but I did use one of the carts that came with the cigar for testing purposes. I can tell you that the flavor does taste just like a cigar, but unfortunately a very very cheap one. If you are used to dime store cigars then you will be hard pressed to taste the difference. If you are used to a better cigar though you will likely find these taste like a dirty gym sock....

After establishing that the e-Cigar worked, I quickly ripped out the batting, washed the cart good and clean, and put my own batting with a coffee flavored liquid inside. Since I make my juices with glycerin I am used to a nice thick vapor. I was definitely not disappointed with the vapor production on the Ruyan e-Cigar. I have seen a number of reviews of the DSE-701 with all complaining about vapor production. I find it interesting that even though they look identical, the Ruyan product seems to have much better performance. While the Ruyan doesn't vape quite as well as my DSE-601 e-Pipe, I didn't expect it to. The fact is that it still produced a very thick and voluminous amount of vapor. I am very impressed!

The draw itself is quite easy and seems similar to my e-Pipe (perhaps a bit lighter). I do not have any e-cigs so I cannot make a comparison to those. My only complaint on the draw is that I can hear a momentary hiss that sounds and feels a bit like sucking through a straw that has a small hole in it. I only notice it at the beginning of the draw and not the entire way through, but it does occur with each draw. I do not believe that this is cart based.

The body of the Ruyan does get a bit warm with very little use. It is not uncomfortable by any means, but it is noticeably warm. The atomizer is quite recessed into the body so those that drip need to be aware of that (I don't). The cigar also has a mechanism for cleaning whereby you insert a paperclip into a small hole on the body of the cigar. This will turn on the atomizer and ostensibly burn off any built up gunk. Access to this feature is like the small hole on the front of your CD/DVD computer drive that allows you to eject a stuck disc. I have a similar mechanism on my e-Pipe and it works well.

Thus far in very limited use I am quite pleased with the operation of the Ruyan 4062. The old dirty gym sock taste persists, but hopefully soon it will fully burn away and my coffee cart will come through more fully. Vapor, as mentioned earlier, is outstanding.

On a funny closing note. We have all enjoyed some of the translations in the manuals that come with these devices. The one that comes with the 4062 is no exception and offers numerous laugh out loud lines. One of my favorites is when they described what would happen if you used the cigar in the vertical versus horizontal position. They indicated that you could get fluid in your mouth which may cause "stimulus to your oral mucosa". Ah, a cigar Bill Clinton would love! ;)

Truckster

Moved On
Aug 20, 2009
  • Deleted by PTJD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread