Review of N400 Echo Package from Nhaler.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiritShadow

Jun 15, 2013
Newark, NY
I was a SERIOUS cigarette smoker, 2+ packs/day for 40 years. About a month ago I decided it was time to quit, so at age 59 I quit cold turkey. It was very difficult -- but I did it.

A few weeks later I discovered e-cigarettes. I tried some disposable e-cigs (Blu, Njoy, Logic) and found that they provided the nicotine I missed without the cancer-causing chemicals. Hooray!

The down side was that they were very expensive, did not last long and demonstrated poor quality control. I purchased the Njoy "Starter Kit" and a box of cartridge refills. This cost me $135. Unfortunately, although the flavor was good, the battery lasted less than an hour after each charge. Additionally, the amount of vapor from each cartridge was nowhere near what the manufacturer claimed. Thus, I requested (and received) a refund.

IMPORTANT: These facts clearly show that this technology is still in its infancy. This is usually the case when something new comes along. No one really knows what they're doing yet, there are merely a host of "expert users" of a science someone else invented. Companies are getting away with whatever they can, until someone with authority comes along and tells them they can't do it anymore. Everyone is waiting to see what everyone else does and slogging along doing what they think they're supposed to be doing -- without really having a clue as to where it's all heading. THIS IS NORMAL.

As a first-time e-cigarette user looking for a good solution, I felt it might be helpful to others to share my experience purchasing from nhaler.com.

I knew exactly what I wanted: A device that would:

(1) Provide a pleasurable and satisfying smoking experience.
(2) Last far longer than disposable e-cigs.
(3) Be very cost effective.
(4) Be reliable and easy to manage.

I spent several hours researching the various types, brands and models available. I asked questions. I read reviews. I researched it as best I could. Eventually, I settled on the "N400 Echo" starter kit. I purchased 3 bottles of e-liquid, an extra replacement battery, an extra charger for the car and a few other accessories. I purchased them all from Nhaler.com.

Thus, I ended up with 3 heavy-duty batteries, a set of cartomizer/tips, several liquids to try and everything else I needed to charge at home or on the go. Total cost was $147.

RESULTS: I am absolutely delighted so far. Here's a breakdown:

(1) Provide a pleasurable and satisfying smoking experience.

YES. The vapor output is plentiful, well-defined, easy to control and satisfying. I have not tried the other flavors yet, but my initial reaction to the standard "555" 2.4mg liquid was "Wow." I give it a very high mark.

(2) Last far longer than disposable e-cigs.

YES.
My initial tryout lasted a full day. With the extra batteries, I could easily swap one out in seconds if desired, but I haven't needed to do that yet.

(3) Be very cost effective.

YES.
The cartomizer holds approximately 3 ml of liquid, which lasts about 1 day of on/off vaping. At $18 per 30 ml bottle, that equals $1.80 per day. I was paying $1.95 per pack of cigarettes when I was buying them at the nearby Indian Reservation. Note that most cigarettes in NY State now cost about $9.00/pack at gas stations and grocery stores. Thus, the cost of vaping using this equipment is less than a THIRD of what I was previously paying, and about a TENTH of what most 2-3 pack/day smokers would pay over the counter.

(4) Be reliable and easy to manage.

YES.
So far this device has been extremely easy to use. It is well balanced, feels natural in my hand, is comfortable to hold, fits nicely in my pocket, comes apart easily and has performed perfectly thus far. If I really draw hard on it, it produces CLOUDS of vapor -- far more than any reasonable smoker would want or need. Thus, drawing normally on the tip produces a natural, comfortable experience that both soothes and satisfies.

SUMMARY:

I have only two complaints and they are minor.

(a) LACK OF DOCUMENTATION: There were no written instructions of any kind. There are no battery charging guidelines and this is not an incidental matter -- batteries can explode if mishandled. Additionally, filling the cartomizer with e-liquid required returning to the Internet and pulling up many posts from different web sites, then carefully following what "appeared" to be the correct procedure for this particular device. It worked, but it was also a white-knuckler. This goes back to what I said earlier, that no one really knows what they're doing yet. Presumably, most sellers are comfortable with expecting customers to "go online" to seek information. In my humble opinion, expecting that a customer is "just supposed to know" how to use a brand new product is bad business. When I buy a product that requires special procedures which are not self-evident, I absolutely expect those procedures to be fully documented and clearly disclosed. Documentation should always be included in the package. Sorry, but that's how I feel about that.

(b) MINOR ORDER ISSUES: One item I ordered was not included. Additionally, I ordered "black" but received "chrome" components. Finally, the entire order should have been shipped in a Priority Mail box, not an envelope. I will contact Nhaler.com directly about these issues. Based on what I've read in the Nhaler.com forum, I fully expect they will be resolved expediently and professionally.

BOTTOM LINE:

The N400 Echo is a superb product. I can foresee a time when the components I purchased will be recognized as a "fundamental" package and sold as such. As a recent smoker-turned-vaper, the N400 Echo unit meets all of my quality criteria and I could not be happier with its performance. Even better, it is saving me a fortune -- and possibly saving my life.

PERSONAL OBSERVATION:

Knowing that I will never smoke tobacco again gives me great peace of mind and solves a world of problems for me. With respect to well-meaning legislators who believe that selling "disposable" electronic cigarettes with poor quality control at vastly inflated prices is somehow "better" than allowing people to make up their own minds and handle their own lives responsibly without "legislation" directing all of us poor, misguided souls along a "politically correct" path, all I can say is: If you honestly believe you can "legislate" an outcome like mine, you may want to consider an alternate career path. I hear the shoe industry is hiring.

Last edited:

beindeb

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2012
TX
Congrats SpiritShadow! Sounds like you found your groove! That's a lovely review.

I too, started out with the Echo (btw still use one some) and it kept me off of the stinkies for well over a year after a lifetime habit, eerily similar to yours! I recently treated myself to something new & different (just because) to celebrate . They're steady fellows...they just work ~ no fiddle faddle! I don't have the time, energy, or bank account to engage in vaping as a hobby. I just needed something that worked! The Echo's filled the bill. Some of my batteries are OVER a year old!

Bawn

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
boynton beach, FL
ok so you settled for a ego style device. nice upgrade, you over paid quite a bit for that sort of kit. you can find that kit from $25-$45 all day. but everyone spends too much the first time so its not a problem. I also assure you this vaping thing we all do is NOT in its infancy. there is a ton of advanced PV's. your facts your basing this opinion on is, well where you bought your first device was unfortunately geared towards ill prepared and unaware people, and geared towards ripping you off. blue,njoy,green smoke the kits you see in the malls. those are all over priced ego and cig style devices that they sell to people who have no idea what they are doing, to make a lot of cash. they don't care about the product. those companies care about money and that's about it. glad you found us here. we care about quality on this forum, and helping the ill-informed make wise choices.

welcome

SpiritShadow

Jun 15, 2013
Newark, NY
I appreciate the encouragement, however I didn't find this forum until today. I hope people understand that my review was factual. I am reporting events and reactions, not absolute assessments. The opinions I offered speak to my own subjective experiences, all of which have been positive thus far.

For what it's worth, I don't feel that I overpaid at all. The N400 Echo kit with two 1100 maH batteries, two atomizers plus an AC charger and a USB charger was $60 (a 3rd battery, accessories and liquids made up the rest of the total). It may be as you say, that the kit can be purchased elsewhere at lower cost. What matters to me is that (a) I believe I made a good choice and (b) I have so far received outstanding value for my money.

I'm sure you must understand that the people you call "the ill-informed" constitute the overwhelming percentage of our population. The fact that a small group in a forum has figured all of this out is great, but the VAST majority of people know nothing about it. Every person (and I mean 100%) I have showed it to had no idea such a thing even existed. They don't live under rocks and neither do I.

PV's should be dead center mainstream, in stores everywhere, in all shapes and sizes. They are not. I see that as a problem.

I cannot quote statistics, but I would venture to say the percentage of our population possessing the awareness of those in this forum is miniscule. Few people will voluntarily jump through all of the hoops I did to arrive at this point. Thus, owing to the VAST amount of information one must paw through to get to useful, factual information, I felt that a review might be regarded as useful to someone just starting down the path I traveled.

If organizations like the American Cancer Society and others are serious about reducing lung cancer, they could (in my humble opinion) make significant strides toward achieving that objective by launching a massive promotional campaign to raise awareness that PV devices exist and eliminate the cancer-causing components found in tobacco smoke. To be clear: I do not see this as a political issue, I see it as a simple matter of full disclosure of health information. Perhaps that's not a popular viewpoint, but I strongly believe it.

I just learned today that PV's have been around for almost 10 years. That's absurd. I would have bought one ages ago if I knew they existed. Whoever created these things is a genius. Are we expected to "just somehow know?"

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I enjoyed the ECHO. The 650mah battery size was my favorite. There are also smaller 300mah batteries avalailable from Vapor Girl. The one serious problem I had with the ECHO was that most of the few cartomizers and clearomizers available that flush fit the ECHO batteries just don't play well with VG juices. I became PG intolerant awhile back, and since then I've not found any cartomizers or clearomizers that last very long at all for the ECHO. That became a bit of a financial issue, so I've been looking for a good automatic fat bat replacement for the N400/ECHO, but I've yet to find one - other than VGOs (VGO2s), which unfortunately really aren't available in the U.S.

Since then I've tried the Halo Triton (similar to SI's Volt X2) batteries, which are VGO threaded, but the Tritons are not automatic. The SI Volt X2s are, but are much longer. Even their 650mah X2s are very long compared to a regular 650mah battery. The Triton tanks work pretty well with VG juices, and are lasting me much longer than the ECHO equivalent, but I still miss the easy and flawless automatic function of my old ECHO batteries. If Halo came out with an auotmatic Triton, or SI came out with shorter automatic X2s (or their equivalent) then I would be very happy. In the meantime though, I am getting by okay. If you like the ECHO, stick with it. They are great batteries which I just wish there was more (and better) gear for, specifically clearomizers/tanks.

How has your experience been with the NHaler N400 ECHO Crystal Vision Cartomizers (clearomizers)? The other CE4 type (similar) clearomizers I've tried from other vendors tended to leak, especially after using them only just a day or two. If the Crystal Vision Clearomizers work well, especially the rebuildable version, then I'd definitely be interested in trying out my ECHO batteries again.

VprNomi

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
WI
actually we all jumped through the same hoops that you did. we all started off the exact same way.

Very true. If somebody had suggested I switch from smoking to a Provari with tank & accessories, I would have thought them mad. It was a humble Blucig that piqued my interest. Now I'm using an Nhaler iGo 300 (same thing as OP except manual instead of batteries) and I love it. More than that, it's working (whereas my foray into V4L's after I found this forum didn't - I liked them but I just couldn't keep charging every hour or so and was having a hard time with juices/cartos - when clearos were still brand new and not working well yet).

I couldn't be happier with the quality and customer service I receive with my current vendor. I tried other "fat batt" KR808's after the V4L's that I wasn't happy with (Pigcig & Elegant Easy). The latter is no longer available and the vendor on the prior appears to have a new & improved version but still has not responded to either an email or a voice mail message that I left for him with questions before ordering about 2 wks ago. If he's ill or something, I'm very sorry to hear it, but I simply couldn't wait that long before going elsewhere.

I welcome you also, Spiritshadow, and wish you much luck on your journey.

VprNomi

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
WI
I enjoyed the ECHO. The 650mah battery size was my favorite. There are also smaller 300mah batteries avalailable from Vapor Girl. The one serious problem I had with the ECHO was that most of the few cartomizers and clearomizers available that flush fit the ECHO batteries just don't play well with VG juices. I became PG intolerant awhile back, and since then I've not found any cartomizers or clearomizers that last very long at all for the ECHO. That became a bit of a financial issue, so I've been looking for a good automatic fat bat replacement for the N400/ECHO, but I've yet to find one - other than VGOs (VGO2s), which unfortunately really aren't available in the U.S.

Since then I've tried the Halo Triton (similar to SI's Volt X2) batteries, which are VGO threaded, but the Tritons are not automatic. The SI Volt X2s are, but are much longer. Even their 650mah X2s are very long compared to a regular 650mah battery. The Triton tanks work pretty well with VG juices, and are lasting me much longer than the ECHO equivalent, but I still miss the easy and flawless automatic function of my old ECHO batteries. If Halo came out with an auotmatic Triton, or SI came out with shorter automatic X2s (or their equivalent) then I would be very happy. In the meantime though, I am getting by okay. If you like the ECHO, stick with it. They are great batteries which I just wish there was more (and better) gear for, specifically clearomizers/tanks.

How has your experience been with the NHaler N400 ECHO Crystal Vision Cartomizers (clearomizers)? The other CE4 type (similar) clearomizers I've tried from other vendors tended to leak, especially after using them only just a day or two. If the Crystal Vision Clearomizers work well, especially the rebuildable version, then I'd definitely be interested in trying out my ECHO batteries again.

I'm using the N300 Crystal Vision Clearomizers from Nhaler with no issues whatsoever. No leaking, cracking, clouding, nothing. They type I'm using is rebuildable (so you can replace the atomizer part with either long or short wick, 1.8 ohm, 2.4 ohm (standard) or 2.8 ohm). I've tried all combinations. The short wicks don't have any more problem wicking than than long wicks do, for me. My preference is 1.8 ohm because I vape dessert/coffee vapes, which simply feel better warmer. Unfortunately, what I cannot tell you at this point is how they do with higher PG juices. My current blends are 70/30 VG/PG (though I just ordered some 60/40 PG/VG) and there are no issues with those. I've been using them for about 3 wks (about 10 mls of juice each - I dedicate a single clearo per flavor) and they're still going quite strong. These are the first Clearomizers I've ever tried because I wasn't willing to be a guinea pig when they first came out :) For me, they are far superior to any type of carto I've ever used (and I've tried lots of them). I'm extremely happy with the crystal clearomizers I'm using from Nhaler right now & just ordered several more (for new juice flavors I recently ordered). Personally, I'll never go back to cartos.

VprNomi

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
WI

Oh - and Nhaler has a 400 mah iGo N300 (again, same as the ECHO but manual vs. auto) but it only comes in a kit form. Still a good deal though (I think it's $28 right now including a rebuildable crystal vision clearo with all 3 different ohm heads (something like $7.99 by itself), a charger and 2 different drip tips; regular & whistle tip). The iGo N300 mini is actually my favorite as far as looks but I do have to recharge it more often than I'd like so the 650 mah actually performs better. More than that is too big for my taste.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I'm a little annoyed by e-cigarette suppliers only letting you purchase certain products as part of a starter set - shorter/lower mah battery sizes in particular. What if I buy a starter set, then eventually need to replace those perfect size batteries I love so much? What, I have to buy a whole new starter set, instead of getting what I need when I need it? It just seems plain silly to me. I have sometimes noticed this starts happening when a particular vendor is planning to discontinue a particular product or product line, but they are unwilling to admit to that. That seems to be more often the case compared to when that's just a sign that something is popular and out of stock. Usually, if the item is just out of stock they will say so quite plainly on the website.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread