Review: KR808D-1 Products / E-Liquids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cygnus421

Jun 20, 2011
New Jersey
(This is a long blog about my vaping experience and reviews on the products I use. If you're looking into KR808D-1 products, and need some input, maybe this post will help you. It wont let me post the link here, probably because I'm still a newb, so I'm just gonna post it in plain text.)

So yeah... after a massive dental bill, I decided to give up my snus addiction and start vaping. I'll begin by talking about my vaping experiences chronologically. The first thing I ever vaped was the Logic disposable e-cig. It tasted like hot sick ... on a dead carcass, and I would NOT recommend it to anyone who isn't a masochist.

Next came the N-Joy mini-pro which had a phenomenal price of 20 dollars for a battery, a charger, and 2 pre-filled menthol cartos that lasted longer than any other pre-filled carto I have ever used. Problem is, the battery was a piece of .... that died after three weeks, the cartos were not refillable, and the threading doesn't correspond to any of the common threadings (510, 801, 901, 808 etc...) So I don't recommend this product either.

So, after two failed attempts at vaping, and not wanting to go back to snusing for the sake of my teeth, I finally invest in a KR808D-1 kit from Vapor4Life.com. Despite the fact I had to go onto a chatroom to find out what threading this PV was, I would recommend this site to anyone who is an avid KR808 user, but don't expect to find any adapters, DIY stuff, or info on threading, because this site is geared towards the vaping newbie, and I cannot complain since that's what I was when I ordered the kit. You'll find out later in the review section of this blog why I recommend their products, even as someone who is a “sophomore” in the vaping world.

Now that I can say I'm a satisfied vaper, my next step will be to expand my vaping even further by buying the eGo PassThrough Battery, some Boge 808 cartos, and a 510 to 901 adapter (901 and 808 are basically the same threading, in case you didn't know that). I'm expecting the order to come in a few days, and I will be reviewing those as well, ideally on youtube. That is, if they don't forget the adapter, then I'm ....ed.

So without further ado, I would like to dedicate the rest of this blog to reviewing all of my vaping products, as well my rating on a scale of 1 to 5.

Vapor4Life.com Automatic Battery (KR808)
Rating: 4

It's been a while since this battery has been fully functional, needless to say. After 3 months, it now sometimes doesn't shut off when im done taking a hit. I think that's because I've been refilling the cartos and too much liquid has been getting into the trigger. (pro tip, if you own an auto battery, and you refill your cartos, be careful not to get any juice in the battery >.>) Besides that, these batteries give a damn good vapor production, and seem to conserve juice quite well.

Vapor4Life.com Automatic Passthrough (KR808)
Rating: 5

This is my current PV of choice. Since it plugs in directly to the power source, the vapor production is much better than the battery, which I find weird because I thought both the batteries and the passthrough were the same voltage. I still dont understand these things because I haven't quite stepped foot into the Big Battery Mod realm, all I know is that this thing creates a nice amount of vapor for it's size.

AnalogAlternative.com Manual Battery (KR808)
Rating: 3.5

Well, I gotta admit that despite costing less than my V4L batteries, this battery produces a bit more vapor. The problem is that the button is flimsy and feels like its gonna fall off. Not only that, but it has a 5 second cut-off, which is unethical if you ask me. I know people are just gonna tell me to keep pressing the button, but when I do that, it seems to impede the vapor production. I tried talking to someone from customer service to see if there was a way to override the cutoff, but they don't know what the hell their talking about. The guy was like, “Are you sure it's five? I thought it was seven? Maybe it is five... I don't know, I'm a dufus...”

Vapor4Life.com Personal Charging Case (for KR808)
Combined with the long battery life of the batteries themselves, and the PCC which keeps them charged up while in my pocket, battery life has never been an issue, and probably never will be when I use my KR808s. I was on edge at first after looking at the built in charging cable since the length is small and the cord is thin, but after using that thing every day for three months, the cord isn't damaged one bit, and anyone who complains about the length of the cord has probably never seen a usb extension cable before. You can get one at the dollar store.

Premium Brand 808 Cartos (from Vapor4Life.com)
Rating: 4.5
I have two brands of cartos as of now, Premium and Wowvapor, and I always use these if I have them readily available. They not only hold plenty of e-liquid for a good amount of time, but also produce more vapor, and gunk up a lot less. Another awesome feature that an on-the-go kinda guy like me can enjoy is the shape of the rubber cap on top. It has a The only downside to these, which im not to picky about, is that the vapor you get isn't as warm, and the flavor is slightly less compared to the wow cartos.

Wowvapor Brand 808 Cartos (from Vapor4Life.com)
Rating: 3
I find these cartos to be flimsy, and always prefer my Premiums over them. I've had these cartos burn my lip, misfire (or not even fire at all), and I even got one that came with the wick all uneven and shriveled up. Even when I do get one I can use for a decently long time, their atomizers flood too easily, and the wick doesn't seem to hold much juice. The only upside to these is the fact that you get a slightly better flavor from them, with the expense of “storage space.”

Dekang 11mg Cotton Candy E-Liquid (from AnalogAlternative.com)
Rating: There isn't a number low enough
Okay... people have told me that Dekang is an Asian brand. I also researched on Wikipedia, that the Asians were the one's who invented E-Liquid. So it doesn't make sense to me logically that the ones who invented E-Liquid are the ones putting out such garbage like this. This flavor sucks big floppy donkey .... and I would rather buy another Logic E-cig than drip this flavor ever again.

Dekang 11mg Litchee E-Liquid (from AnalogAlternative.com)
Rating: 2
No one knows what the hell a Litchee is, and neither do I. To me, it's an e-liquid that tastes like a bitter berry of some sort. It's mediocre to me. I could see myself being in the mood to fill a carto with this liquid at some point in my life, but I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone looking for a sweet flavor because this is far from that.

Dekang 11mg Mango E-Liquid (from AnalogAlternative.com)
Despite the other two Dekang flavors I've been using, this one is actually a winner in my book. It's sweet, it's light, and almost kind of refreshing in a way. The problem is there's no damn throat hit, and it leaves a chemical aftertaste in my mouth. I guess that's why they put it on clearance for a dollar for a 10mg bottle.

Dekang 11mg Doc Pepper E-Liquid (from AnalogAlternative.com)
Out of the four Dekang juices I own, this is the best. It actually does taste just like doctor pepper, just not as sweet, and I kinda like it that way. There's a bit of an aftertaste, but not as bad as the others. Also, the throat hit it pretty meh. Maybe when I try the dekang juices in my ego, it won't be so bad.

Premium 18mg Parlamant Menthol E-Liquid (from Vapor4Life.com)
Rating: 4
If you like a soothing mentholy punch to the face, then this juice is for you. Flavorwise, the menthol has a very sharp taste, and yet you can still get some of the smokey flavor of a real cig. The throat hit is ridiculous though, and to me its a little too much, but hey, I know a lot of you people love a nice punch to the throat. So, if you like a sharp menthol with a nice hard and cool throat hit, buy this.

Premium 11mg Virginia Menthol E-Liquid (from Vapor4Life.com)
Rating: 4.5
Tastes like a bitter menthol with a hint of sour apple. Problem is it doesn't have much of a tobacco taste for something modeled after an actual cigarette, and the menthol flavor is too weak im my opinion as a hardcore menthol guy. I could see how people wouldn't like this flavor, but I personally love the smooth sourness of this juice even though the menthol isn't ideal.

Wowvapor 11mg Smilin' Special Menthol E-Liquid (from Vapor4Life.com)
This juice has crack in it, I'm convinced. I'm hooked on it's smooth mentholy minty goodness. Not only that, but it gives off more vapor than any of my other juices, and it sits perfectly in my cartomiser with hardly any running or leaking. If you like menthol and have a sweet tooth like me, buy this! Right now!

Wowvapor 18mg Wowboy E-Liquid (from Vapor4Life.com)
Rating: ummm.....
I really like the nutty tobacco flavor, the only problem is when I was using them, they were irritating my throat, which is why I really can't make a rating. I'm going to try and order this in a 11mg VG, and hopefully it wont be so harsh on my throat.

So there you have it, my massive review of everything I've been vaping with. If you're still reading this, then you're doing your vaping homework. Hope to see you guys on #ECF, and vape on!

Last edited:

Shadow102

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
Eastern Panhandle, WV
Vapor4Life.com Automatic Passthrough (KR808)

This is my current PV of choice. Since it plugs in directly to the power source, the vapor production is much better than the battery, which I find weird because I thought both the batteries and the passthrough were the same voltage. I still dont understand these things because I haven't quite stepped foot into the Big Battery Mod realm, all I know is that this thing creates a nice amount of vapor for it's size.

The reason your PT is giving you better vapor is because it is operating at 5V compared to the 3.7V (4.2V fresh off the charger) that you're getting off of your batteries. More voltage across the same resistance (carto or atty) is giving you higher wattage, which means the healing coil is getting hotter and vaporizing more liquid.

That being said, I do hope you don't have this plugged into your computer and instead went with the PT ready wall adapter (5V/2A.) PT's don't work well with computers to begin with (PC USB ports don't provide the amperage PT's require to function well) and Auto PT's are even worse since leakage can cause the switch to stick or shorting the PT which has the possibility of frying your USB port or even your mobo (motherboard.)

pebo88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
Canada
  • Deleted by UntamedRose
  • Reason: No spamming for post count. Try again

Cygnus421

Jun 20, 2011
New Jersey
kerkolp: Thanks for the tip. I head about the horizontal coils, and everyone loves them.

Shadow102: Thanks for that bit of clarity. I bought the autos because i wanted a more real feeling when smoking, but little did I know that if you fill your own cartos, then liquid can easily get into it. I've been careful though and the KR808 Auto Passthrough is still surviving. Despite the extra steps i have to take to make sure i dont leak any juice into the hole, im glad I have it.

Also, most of the time i don't plug it into my computer, i plug it into my USB car adaptor, and yeah, it does make a huge difference as far as vapor production goes :)

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
The WOW juices can have a lot of TH for their nicotine strength, especially on hotter cartos like V4L WOW cartos. If you like it try one nicotine level lower. The version without mint (WOWbacco) is my daily vape along with the very sweet WOW Vanilla (sort of cotton candy vanilla). If you try a lower nic level you can take a few extra drags if you feel the need for more nic.

I love V4L WOW cartos though when I was on higher nic I preferred the Coolcarts. My manuals buttons are all still fine. You can also use the cartos from SmokelessImage Volt, Bloogplanet Maxxfusion, Halcocigs G6

Dingus

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
Belgium
My first PV after all the great info here on the forums is going to be a KR808D-1. Seems like the best to start with by far.

Great info.

If you're going for KR808D-1, you might want to consider a Bloog MaxFusion, Volt or Halo G6. I have a Bloog (and some Volt stuff coming soon), and I prefer it over my old KR808D-1 - probably because of the better carto's, but I also think it looks better. It's a bit more expensive though.

Cygnus421

Jun 20, 2011
New Jersey
If you're going for KR808D-1, you might want to consider a Bloog MaxFusion, Volt or Halo G6. I have a Bloog (and some Volt stuff coming soon), and I prefer it over my old KR808D-1 - probably because of the better carto's, but I also think it looks better. It's a bit more expensive though.

I've heard nothing but good things about bloogs. I got so many different batteries i feel like buying, so maybe I'll get one, maybe I wont. I got a PCC for my 808s, so that definitely gives me incentive to stay in the 808 realm, despite my recent eGo battery purchase.

The WOW juices can have a lot of TH for their nicotine strength, especially on hotter cartos like V4L WOW cartos. If you like it try one nicotine level lower. The version without mint (WOWbacco) is my daily vape along with the very sweet WOW Vanilla (sort of cotton candy vanilla). If you try a lower nic level you can take a few extra drags if you feel the need for more nic.

I love V4L WOW cartos though when I was on higher nic I preferred the Coolcarts. My manuals buttons are all still fine. You can also use the cartos from SmokelessImage Volt, Bloogplanet Maxxfusion, Halcocigs G6

Thanks for the advice. I almost bought some WOWbacco, but i only had enough money to upgrade to the eGo PT battery. When I buy some more Smilin Special (which there's no doubt in my mind I will), i'll definitely get some wowbacco with it. I need a good tobacco flavor to add to my collection.

Also, sorry if i bashed the wow cartos which you like so much, they just don't seem to hold enough liquid for me. I got Boges now, and those are the best IMO.

My first PV after all the great info here on the forums is going to be a KR808D-1. Seems like the best to start with by far.

Great info.

I'm flattered :)

From what I've heard: a moderately priced 510 kit with 2 attys (ei, the yeti) is a good starting point

From my own experience: KR808 is the best starting point. It's by far the most middle of the road vape.

and if in the future, you get a 510 battery, get an adaptor so you can still enjoy the warm vapor of an 808 :)

Last edited:

STLBluesNut

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
st peters mo

also, take a serious look at the elite 808 from cigeasy.com. love mine and a few forum vet reviews of the elite have it above the other 808 out there and have their elite cartos ranked at the top too. you can do a search and find those reviews.

southy

Moved On
Feb 26, 2012
USA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Un Registered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread