Lawrence, Kansas
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Enough of the Fasttech stuff

NICnurse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Kansas City, MO
I bought a billet box! I got in on the round that was shipped out and delivered in March. Honestly, I rarely use it.

Here is a review on it from my perspective:

Used constantly for 2 weeks. Boge 2.0 LR cartos from various vendors.
These are merely my impressions and opinions, YMMV. I am in no way endorsing this product nor am I telling people to not purchase the BB. I am just throwing out a simple user review. I hope this helps!

Pros:
6 mLtank is perfect for no refills during the day, and it is well protected since it is designed to sit inside the inside of the box. Box has wonderful build and finish. Durable, could withstand multiple falls and not stop working. Made in USA. Variable voltage. Doug Dino is not only a great builder with attention to detail, he is a stand up class act in the vaping world. I cannot say enough good things about his hard work and dedication.

Cons:
Battery life is shorter, must change out batts during the day. I can tell a drop off in power once my batts hit the 3.7volt mark. tank is kinda temperamental. I have had flooding issues with it on more occasions than I would like. When using the pressure ball valve, I always have some flooding. I have started filling it with the carto pulled into the tank to prevent the flooding. Voltage does not match up with my Provari or gripper. I find the vape to be weak at the same 4.5 volt setting as my provari. I speculate that part of this is the travel distance of the vape from the coil to the drip tip. Given the design of the brass screw, the vape travels further than it would if the drip tip was attached directly to the carto. I also suspect this is what causes another negative...the condensation around the tank and brass screw. I have tried to alter the volts I vape at to compensate for this, but if I crank it up as high as I do on my gripper or Provari, the carto will taste burnt. No OHM reader. For me, the brass screw sometimes causes a metallic taste to my vape. The screw also has a metallic smell that gets worse when juice condensate gets into the grooves.

Final verdict: While I like the BB and I am glad I purchased it, I cannot say it is my go to daily vape machine like other mods I own. I think that I really hyped this up in my mind to be something better than everything else on the market. Reality? It vapes comparatively better to and worse than other mods. I do love the design and the detail put into the mod. I still find myself going to my gripper or Provari as my out and about mod.

Additional issues I have discovered since this review: the brass screw will discolor and put off a really funny smell. The aluminum hole for the brass screw is not finished real well and it can cut you. The black lettering on the VV wheel is gone, it fell off or peeled off after 2 weeks time.

Overall, my billet box has sat on a shelf since early April. I just prefer other mods in terms of power and accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread