Not open for further replies.

Shane Bappe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Cozad, Nebraska, United States
Thanks everyone!

Thats strange, Have you tried taking the tube off then running a thin wire up from the bottom? That might work. You could try soaking in hot water as well. IF that fails a rebuild kit would replace those parts. Rob has those or you could send it to him to have him fix it.

Yeah I almost ordered a rebuild kit before the Reo came, just in case. I may have to do that after all :)

Shane Bappe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
IMG_20131101_145027_355.jpg IMG_20131101_145048_524.jpg

Shane Bappe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yeah I took that headshot because I didn't even think of an adapter. I didnt know theyre flush (which is awesome). I've never seen a REO in person. I live in the middle of Nebraska where people still haven't seen anything vaping yet, let alone a REO! Haha.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Alamedean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2012
Alameda, CA
My first 18490 arrived yesterday and was working great. Woke up this morning and tried to get to the juice bottle but I can't slide the door off. I mean it is stuck with no wiggle room at all. Afraid of damaging the wood if I try using anything but hands and a soft cloth. Anybody else run in to this problem? Any suggestions?

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
The wood is swelling. I remember using very fine sandpaper on the edges of my doors on my woodvils just to make them a bit easier to slide up and down. As far as getting the door off right now, hmm......besides trying to remove it both ways (up or down) maybe a bit of a lubricant? Not sure what to try though. vg or pg?

I'd let someone else chime in here before you do anything. I DID want to mention the swelling, probably from humidity.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Don't use a lubricant....it will just soak in the wood if there isn't a hard coat on that mod. I've sent Rob a link to this question so he can answer it. To get it unstuck, perhaps drop the mod in a ziploc bag sith some uncooked rice for a day to help draw out any moisture....beyond that I'm clueless. :facepalm:

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Chances are its just some poly that is on the door track. If you have a tool like a screw driver or anything with a rubber handle you can give the door a tap with the rubber end . Do this from the top you wont hurt the wood . If your door is tight from moisture you may need to sand the door .
Place a piece of sandpaper on a flat surface . Hold the door at a 14 degree angle and lightly move the door back and fourth over the sandpaper . I will post a video later today showing exactly how to do this

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
On a more serious note: was there any tips & tricks out there for sealing off the 510 connection well, so that I can reduce/minimize/eliminate juice seepage in my LP's reduced well, over the duration of a 6ml bottle? I'm guessing an o-ring under the RM2 is the answer I'm looking for... and if that is what folks post back with, I guess i'll be having to go to a british hardware store to get some LOL.

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
If your door is tight here is a simple fix . Take a little at a time and check to make sure you haven't removed to much wood . Make sure you hold the door at the same angle on the door

Thanks Robert! That takes care of one of my concerns I PM'd you about. What grit sandpaper do you recommend? I'll run out and get some today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread