nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Some DIY tips.

I have helped a few people with combining flavors for a great juice. This is just something I have learned and it seems to help others.

I use usually three flavors in each juice. Sometimes I will go for four.

But there is a pattern I follow every time and it has always worked to well for me.

I break down the flavors into categories. This allows me to pick from each.

I know that my juices need a cream flavor to give the depth of flavor I want. I know most fruits need something to sweeten.

Tobacco flavors and sweet flavors I use at half what I use of other flavors.

Here are my categories and a few examples:

Creams: Bavarian cream, sweet cream, dulche de leche, eggnog, horchata

Fruit & candy: Strawberry, grape, pear, caramel, butter rum, butterscotch, maple, caramel

Liquor: Jamaican Rum, Brandy, Pina Colada

Nuts & more: Coconut, Praline, hazelnut, graham cracker, waffle, butter

Sweet: Cotton candy, marshmellow, honey

I will combine at least one cream, one fruit or candy, one nut or other in that group, or liquor group.

So two samples of my mixes might be:

Cherry, coconut, brandy

Caramel, bavarian cream, Jamaican Rum.

I have done four by adding some tobacco or one from the nut group.

I always use more of the total flavor percentage for cream and fruit or candy flavors.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Some DIY tips.

I have helped a few people with combining flavors for a great juice. This is just something I have learned and it seems to help others.

I use usually three flavors in each juice. Sometimes I will go for four.

But there is a pattern I follow every time and it has always worked to well for me.

I break down the flavors into categories. This allows me to pick from each.

I know that my juices need a cream flavor to give the depth of flavor I want. I know most fruits need something to sweeten.

Tobacco flavors and sweet flavors I use at half what I use of other flavors.

Here are my categories and a few examples:

Creams: Bavarian cream, sweet cream, dulche de leche, eggnog, horchata

Fruit & candy: Strawberry, grape, pear, caramel, butter rum, butterscotch, maple, caramel

Liquor: Jamaican Rum, Brandy, Pina Colada

Nuts & more: Coconut, Praline, hazelnut, graham cracker, waffle, butter

Sweet: Cotton candy, marshmellow, honey

I will combine at least one cream, one fruit or candy, one nut or other in that group, or liquor group.

So two samples of my mixes might be:

Cherry, coconut, brandy

Caramel, bavarian cream, Jamaican Rum.

I have done four by adding some tobacco or one from the nut group.

I always use more of the total flavor percentage for cream and fruit or candy flavors.

Where does Butter fit in your catagory? I have some and don't know what to do with it. :facepalm:

Thanks for this post. It should help a lot.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
Where does Butter fit in your catagory? I have some and don't know what to do with it. :facepalm:

Thanks for this post. It should help a lot.

I got that with some other flavors. Have not found a use for it yet. But I was thinking maybe with the waffle and maple. Sounds like breakfast! Might throw in some coconut too. I would only use a little of the butter.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
I just got a new favorite I can see myself vaping gallons of this through my new VV woodvil :D

capella's Cinnamon Danish Swirl 9%
capella's Apple Pie 3%
few drops of capella's Vanilla Custard

num yummy I feel like I'm cheating on my diet with this one

Sounds great! You did what I do. One creamy, one fruit, and a sweet bakery! YUMM!

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Well I am going to be trying a few of these, thanks everyone for contributing.

I had my favorite juice vendor piss me off this week by not replacing a stinking 15 dollar bottle of juice after I've spent over 700 dollars with them. Really, WTF .......
(I really mean stinking, it was not the right flavor)

So before my all day vape is down to zero i'm gonna have to brew my own ..... I'm done with juice vendors.

hubseven

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
New York
Well I am going to be trying a few of these, thanks everyone for contributing.

I had my favorite juice vendor piss me off this week by not replacing a stinking 15 dollar bottle of juice after I've spent over 700 dollars with them. Really, WTF .......
(I really mean stinking, it was not the right flavor)

So before my all day vape is down to zero i'm gonna have to brew my own ..... I'm done with juice vendors.

Went through same thing with my favorite vendor and started DIY-ing. The savings are unbelieveable and I know what is in my juice because I put it there. The possibilities are endless. I read everything I could on the forums ordered stuff and away I went. Been mixing for 3 months and nothing but good. Get notebook and write EVERYTHING DOWN and PATIENCE is a must, still working on that especially when it comes to steeping. Good Luck.

debb

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
in the nj woods

I got that with some other flavors. Have not found a use for it yet. But I was thinking maybe with the waffle and maple. Sounds like breakfast! Might throw in some coconut too. I would only use a little of the butter.

I use butter in my cinn danish, waffle, fr toast, apple pie.....

I just got the new concentrated flavors in...and what a difference...I made a 5ml tester and only used 3 drops of flavor! and they taste awesome....well...the peach does...haven't tried the rest yet...lol

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
Last edited:

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
did you get them from vapingzone or ecigexpress? I keep looking at those maybe I'll try a few from each
I use butter in my cinn danish, waffle, fr toast, apple pie.....

I just got the new concentrated flavors in...and what a difference...I made a 5ml tester and only used 3 drops of flavor! and they taste awesome....well...the peach does...haven't tried the rest yet...lol

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
I am a little afraid of the butter/custard flavors...
Justin, the custard and cream flavors are really good for cutting a sharp taste you might get from a fruit flavor. An added dimension that does not have to overwhelm a juice. Just a little can make a flavor come alive!

j_fro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
Upstate NY
Capellas butter and vanilla custard don't have the dangerous ingredients (I forget what they are called)

wow I have stayed away from all of them because of the not nice things. I thought they were in all the flavors like that. I will have to get some of the Capellas

Della Cirque

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Deep East Texas
Terry made me go look for it-diacetyl

Quoted from another thread...
"Originally Posted by cosmopaladin
You might know this already, but just in case you don't (you said you were new to vaping). From wherever you order check that they guaranty all of their flavors are diacetyl free. Diacetyl is used for a buttery/popcorn flavors and when vaporized at high temps and inhaled it, it can cause popcorn lung/Bronchiolitis obliterans which is not curable without a lung transplant. Anyways I know it use to be in some buttery flavored e-juice and should not be in any anymore. Any reputable places juices is likely ok. Just it is good to check or stay away from buttery flavors if you are really concerned.

Also if you do do DIY juices as someone else suggested, Lorann flavors, which most people use as flavoring is Diacetyl free or so the site sight says. Lots of people use it and I have yet to hear of any issues.

Good luck with finding a flavor you like."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread