Reo Grand Arrival, First Ever Build on Anything. How is it? (pics inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
Great video, thanks! Where can I get one of those multimeters?

They are usually in stock here:
510 Ohm Meter Model 2 - Kidney Puncher

I vape a twisted 28g .6Ω micro coil all day everyday. When you go below .8 you just need to maintain your contacts more often. I have to file and noalox mine about once every week or so.

Below .6Ω your getting into button melting territory, but only if you do not diligently maintain your firing pin to prevent heat/arcing.

Below .4Ω you've crossed the threshold that will collapse your spring.

Hugga99

Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Austin
They are usually in stock here:
510 Ohm Meter Model 2 - Kidney Puncher

I vape a twisted 28g .6Ω micro coil all day everyday. When you go below .8 you just need to maintain your contacts more often. I have to file and noalox mine about once every week or so.

Below .6Ω your getting into button melting territory, but only if you do not diligently maintain your firing pin to prevent heat/arcing.

Below .4Ω you've crossed the threshold that will collapse your spring.

Ok, awesome. Great to know! If the spring does collapse, can you purchase them at general stores (home depot, lowes), or only through Reo?

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Also, how often do you have to put that gooey stuff on the battery connector?

The spring in the REO's is special because it will collapse in a short. Also Robert mounts it to connect to the REO. So, you need to pick one up at reosmods.

The Noalox can be put on at any time. If you get intermittent firing running lower ohm coils you need to file and Noalox.

Using 1.1-1.2 ohm coils I am not using it much at all. I apply after cleaning about every 2 weeks.

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
Congratulations and welcome! I have little to add to what's been said, except the part about the tape. I have a piece of cloth ribbon that goes around the battery, leaving two (@ 3/4 of an inch each) "tails" in the front. They make the battery MUCH easier to remove and eliminate any rattling in the door at the same time.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Hugga, your on the right track :). Looked great for a first build.

Yes to much (too thick and too long) cotton but you'll get the hang of how much.

That video is good - use it to mount and wick your coil but here's an easier way to wrap a coil :)

http://youtu.be/bp8yqFojsEU

Congrats and welcome :)

Last edited:

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
Congratulations on finding Reoville. That white is a real nice color.We're here to help if you have any problems. You are official now. Here's your badge.
rEONAUT%20bADGE-S.jpg

Hugga99

Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Austin

The spring in the REO's is special because it will collapse in a short. Also Robert mounts it to connect to the REO. So, you need to pick one up at reosmods.

The Noalox can be put on at any time. If you get intermittent firing running lower ohm coils you need to file and Noalox.

Using 1.1-1.2 ohm coils I am not using it much at all. I apply after cleaning about every 2 weeks.

Perfect, thanks.

Hugga99

Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Austin
Congratulations and welcome! I have little to add to what's been said, except the part about the tape. I have a piece of cloth ribbon that goes around the battery, leaving two (@ 3/4 of an inch each) "tails" in the front. They make the battery MUCH easier to remove and eliminate any rattling in the door at the same time.

Great advice!

Hugga99

Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Austin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread