Reo Button..oh Reo button

Status
Not open for further replies.

new kid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Iowa City Area
So, really enjoying my Reo. So much, as you may know, I already ordered two more on Friday. And another one for my wife's birthday today. :blush:

My one compliant is the button -- it always seams to go into the lock position. Just about every time I pick it up its off. Its like a hair trigger! It's not a show stopper but it is starting to drive me nuts.

Any ideas on this? I though about putting some sort or cut into the delrin button (I have the large one) to see if that helps.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
So, really enjoying my Reo. So much, as you may know, I already ordered two more on Friday. And another one for my wife's birthday today. :blush:

My one compliant is the button -- it always seams to go into the lock position. Just about every time I pick it up its off. Its like a hair trigger! It's not a show stopper but it is starting to drive me nuts.

Any ideas on this? I though about putting some sort or cut into the delrin button (I have the large one) to see if that helps.

The little pin that sticks out of the button to stop it from firing can be pushed in. Just stick something against it and push it. Once it is done you can't reverse it.

You can also take out the button and push the pin in. But there really is no need to do it that way.

new kid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Iowa City Area
The little pin that sticks out of the button to stop it from firing can be pushed in. Just stick something against it and push it. Once it is done you can't reverse it.

You can also take out the button and push the pin in. But there really is no need to do it that way.

Cool, I may try that if I cannot get used to it. But performing a pin-ectomy will be my last resort. ;)

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Cool, I may try that if I cannot get used to it. But performing a pin-ectomy will be my last resort. ;)

I have not removed my REO pins. I just got into the habit of turning the button to the left and firing. Don't even have to think of doing it anymore. It is super easy to turn and push with the button top.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Yeah, but that mother is huge!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, Mini 2.1 BAby!!! Trying to keep my Grand in rotation, I do not know!

I didnt get one for a couple of months cause i thought the same thing. I was wrong. It's barely bigger than a grand and a grand is barely bigger than a mini 18490 :)
y9y6agy3.jpg

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
Mine always got stuck locked, but only with the bigger button cap. My locking pins were too long to be pushed in -- they would just poke out on the other side. I ended up removing them completely.

Sorry, Karen, but it's very possible to put them back in -- I did in the Reo I sold on the classies.

In my latest Reo, I just asked Rob to send it with a non-locking button, and, being an awesome modfather that he is, he did :)

I never tried carrying a Reo in a purse, but in various pockets it does not fire by itself.

new kid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Iowa City Area
I am seriously trying to figure out how ya all are getting your buttons stuck locked ?!?!?! I have never had one stick...ever...must be some Reonaut contortionist or somthing! :p

It's not getting stuck - it just keeps "shifting" off. About 90% of the time I hit the button it won't fire and I have to adjust it to be "on" again.

edit - when my new ones come this week (shipped already) I' going to try them without the big-button. That might be the cause of the problem - larger button = easier movement.

Last edited:

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
The only thing that would make the VVG's button better, is if there was some tactile feedback for it, like the "click" on the GLV's button.

Is it bad that I have to fan the fog away from my monitor to see what I'm typing? Can't put this darn thing down!!!! :)

That would be the REO VV Woodvil button I'm vaping on right now :D

gbacon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Henderson, NV
Is the issue with the cover on? I kinda like the way it looks and ordered one with my new mini 2.1. I guess we'll just have to try it and see.

The button covers were sliding down too far and stopping the button from making contact. Rob put something inside them so they can only go on just far enough, so any new ones ordered can not have that problem now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread