Removing the plastic wick on a 510T atty

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurusi

Aug 28, 2011
Kent
Hi, my 510T atty has lasted about 3 weeks and is difficult to draw on and making that swwooosshhh noise after drawing :(

I have tried the vodka bath without sucess and am assuming it's due to poor wicking and gunking up within the tank plastic spike (also tried fluffing with a pin).

Can anyone tell me how to remove the plastic spike to reveal the atty coil? Im sure the coil will be fine for dripping and it's purely down to the feed when using the tank....

Ive tried pliers and a small screwdriver down the side of the spike housing.... all I did was jab my hand with the pressure :mad:

Thanks!

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
You'll need a very small flathead screwdriver to slide down the side into one of the small openings that you see on each side. Exert pressure toward the center and up. It may take several attempts but it will pop out eventually. If you find that the wick is sitting on the coil, gently lift it out with tweezers and then blow out the juice from both ends and rinse in warm water. Blow the water out from both ends several times. I no longer use the tanks but I do use the attys without the spike as a dripping atty. You will have to get someone else's guidance on reconstructing the spike if you're going to reassemble it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread