Regular 510 VS Don Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diagasa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
USA
The Don has a screw for the center pin whereas a standard 510 connection is a small flat circle for the center post. On a regular 510 atomizer, the bottom center pin is a flat circle, but on dual coil cartomizers, the center pin is a small hole with two slits for air flow.

My point is that the don's connection does not play well with dual coil cartos. The center screw plugs the hole causing a very stiff draw even when not tightened all the way down. Don't believe me? Try placing your finger on the bottom of the cartomizer, covering the air holes and test the draw. All of my dcc's simply do not work with my Don. All of my current 510 atomizers work just fine with the don but who uses atomizers anymore? Seriously?

Is there any way to remedy this situation? I have been using a 1/8th inch drill bit to enlarge the airflow holes on the sides of the thread on the cartomizers but it really does not help that much.

Thanks,
Diagasa

My best advice would be to not tighten your carto down as snugly as you have been. I've been using smoketek duals almost exclusively on my don for the last couple months and have had very few issues. I just tighten my cartos down to the point where I begin to feel some resistance and leave them there. Sure, the carto isn't in there completely flush, but there's really no need for the carto to be tightened down all the way anyways. It a carto is threaded far enough not to wobble, its generally in there plenty far enough to make a connection. I actually prefer having that extra gap there, but that's probably because I always use my duals in tanks, and screwing a wide tank snugly onto the top of a don could constrict the airflow too. I've heard of people grinding down the center pin of their don with a dremel to flatten it out a bit, but that's not really necessary, and isn't a method I'd recommend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread