Regarding juul nic amount?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan diy

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2017
Hey all im looking to refill my juul pods ...i am confused though as to how to put the nic salts in.... It says its 5 percent ... At 59 mg... Im not sure if im right but does that meen when i mix it that i should use a 59 mg/ml nic salt liquid at 5 percent of the mix... If so why do people say that, that is so high... I would appreciate some knowledge thanks

Reactions: stols001

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Pure nicotine is 1,000mg/mL. %5 of 1,000 is 50. 50mg/mL is saying the same thing as "contains 5% Nic." I have no idea where you are getting "59mg" from.

How much of your nic concentrate you will use; will depend on its strength (concentration). The higher the strength; the less is required to reach the same target.

Input the strength of your concentrate into your calculator, and set the target strength to 50mg/mL, and it will tell you how much you need to use.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If 5% and 59 mg/ml sound high, well, it is because they ARE high compared to many other vapes. Keep in mind though, the delivery system of the Juul is pretty weak perhaps one reason that you aren't hearing people keel over after vaping that nic level.

If you want to keep your juul "experience" the same, then yes, mix at 5% or 59 mg/ml whichever is easiest for you, with nic salts and you should have a similar nicotine experience when you refill pods. You also have the option of lowering that, and doing so considerably, but you won't experience the same sort of vape per puff experience and etc.

Good luck,

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Ethan diy

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
This is what JUUL website says. Quite confusing and doesn't appear to be extremely accurate. If it is 5% it would be 50mg/ml. 40 MG in .7 ml would end up being 5.7%. 0.7 ml of 59 mg nicotine would be 41. mg total nic not 40 mg. Something not right with their math. Though they do say approximately.
JUULpods and E-Liquid FAQs - JUUL Support

Each JUULpod is designed to contain approximately 0.7mL with 5% nicotine by weight (approx. 40 mg per pod based upon 59 mg/mL) at time of manufacture. One JUULpod is intended to replace 1 pack of cigarettes, with ~200 puffs. However, individual smoking and vaping patterns may vary and nicotine content may decrease over an extended period of time.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Not unless you want nic salts, benzoic acid is one method used to make freebase into nic salts which is why it is listed. So, unless you want to turn freebase into nic salts, well no. Also if you already have nic salts, you don't need to convert them twice. If you have nic salts I think the three common conversion methods you have are citric, malic, or benzoic acids, and I'm not sure if one has advantages over the other but with all three, you basically end up with nic salts, etc.

Anna

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
BTW it says juul liquid has benzoic acid....what is that ??
Benzoic Acid is what they(Juul) use to convert freebase nicotine to nicotine salts. It can also be done with other acids such as citric acid.The various acid used may influence the human body's ability to uptake the nicotine.

If you are starting with a nicotine salt concentrate; there is no need/benefit from adding an additional acid. The nicotine has already been converted to a salt form for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread