Reg Mod design vs Mech Mods - me no sexy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zazoie

Jan 21, 2015
Hoth
I'm re-posting this as its own thread because I am super curious. I don't own any mechs but that's only because I am not quite there yet. I just recently started to use a rda on my box mod. I was wondering though why don't regulated devices look as good as mech mods? The craftsmanship in mechs makes me wish I took the plunge they are so dang gorgeous! Is it a price point thing? Like why not make the various awesome designs we see on mech mods but make them regulated devices? Having not done a ton of research are there such things?

Wish my reg devices looked sexy like mechs do
:D

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
I agree! I started off with mechs
that are truly gorgeous compared to my newly acquired box mods...pic is of my older polished copper BFM mech, along with the two painted aluminum IPV3 box mods. I'm like you as I truly wish they could come out with some better looking VW mods and still be reasonably priced..
1de94b82ce3c77da2002316ebac9957d.jpg

sent from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

ronnbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2014
Sawmills, NC, USA
Since mechs are pretty much all about the same size, the style and design is what sets them apart from the rest. There is only so many ways to design a metal tube, so that is where logos and different looks come in.

Box Mods on the other hand have a thousand different ways they can be designed, so they can be less styled and still stick out. High wattage box mods are much newer than mechs, so give it some time, and I think that boxes will start to be styled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread