Rebuild noob trident rda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dltugg

Nov 8, 2013
GA, USA
Just started and first 3 coils are duds I think may just be doing some thing wrong. Any help appreciated.
i image.jpg
Tested on vamo v5 get ohm reading but they won't fire. Maybe ohms to low if so how do I raise them? Sorry don't mean to sound dumb here.

TrolleyVW

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
Buffalo, NY
Well what are they reading at? To be honest, your coils look pretty sloppy. I'd start by making them tighter and touching. It's much easier to get them all touching than one would think.

I'm also pretty sure that if it's below 1.0 ohm, it won't fire... Most VV/VW regulated users will shoot for 1.8 or higher.

I would try 30-32 gauge 8 wraps around a 1/16th drill bit.

lot17ss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Columbus,Ohio Usa
Youtube videos are the way I learned. When you see it broken down you will have a better understanding. I believe the V5 is 1.5 ohm minimum.

Guage of kanthal, inner diameter of coil and numver of wraps will help us to try to figure it out.

Now. I dont believe you are getting .8 on that single coil. It should read higher unless there is a short. The actual coil installed isn't bad. It just needs to be tightened up by applying power then cutting power and pinching them with pliers or tweezers.

Are you trying to do a dual coil? If so then yes you would be getting .8 ohms. Remember dual coils cut the resistance in half.

EDIT: Actually if that is more of a "nano coil" (wrapped on a syringe needle or something similar) . Then, yes. It may be .8 ohms. But it is hard to tell from the pics.

Last edited:

lot17ss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Columbus,Ohio Usa
All were wrapped using a large paper clip & 26g. The one installed read .9. Wrapped one on a nail w/ 8 wraps and got 1.1 reading but looks sloppier than theses. Getting closer to that 1.5.

Yea, you are trying to wrap a nano coil. You should do a micro coil first .1/8 drill bit with about 12 wraps at least! Your inner diameter is too small to get 1.5 ohms.

EDIT:12 wraps at least!

Last edited:

lot17ss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Columbus,Ohio Usa
I would suggest getting some higher gauge wire, that way you won't have to do so many wraps to reach the ohms you need so your device will fire

Agreed. Not sure why they gave you such thick wire for your setup. Maybe do some 28 gauge. That way that wire going to the center post wont have to be bent like that. Plus you will be able to do a smaller drill bit size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread