Really Basic Newb Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
About our equipment. Vision II Spinners with 1600mAh battery and Aspire Clearomizer tanks. Silly question, but do we need to clean the tanks or coils? How? Bought extra coils but not sure how often to change them or how to know when. :oops:
Hubby also now has a Nautilus tank. (He wanted more capacity so he didn't have to refill as often.) The juice turns dark after a while. What does this mean? Is it bad?
Soooo Confused!! Help???
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
I use to clean My nautilus whenever i changed flavors. PG is antiseptic so no worries if you are using the same flavor. Sometime I would wash the glass just because I felt like it. The coil will let you know when it needs changing it will start tasting burnt. Lots of people soak in vodka or Pure Grain Alcohol Let dry and reuse the coils.

The juice turning darker usually is a result of it steeping in the tank. The heat causes the nicotine in the juice to darken. Within reason this is not bad. I have seen some where it turned like motor oil almost. that I would not vape. Also may try a little less voltage. If you are burning the juice this burnt residue can wick back into the tank and cause discoloration.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Welcome aboard

Replace the coil when taste is off or burnt, vapor production decreases, when changing flavors

Clean a tank by rinsing throughly with warm water

Clean a coil by soaking in alcohol (everclear or isopropyl 91%), rinse throughly with warm water, blow out excess water, air dry

Dark juice is the result of vaping with a large tank or repeatedly topping off a tank. The dark color is caused by heating the juice and residue from burnt juice on the atomizer coil. There is nothing wrong with vaping this dark juice, but it will eventually effect taste.

DaniB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
New York
Welcome GatorzGirl ! Everyone has given you great advise. Enjoy your new toys!

Screen Shot 2014-12-27 at 9.36.08 AM.jpg

Niktini

Apr 30, 2014
Des Moines
I have been vaping now for just over a year, and the vodka advice is the first I have read! My coil usually just clogs up and I don't get much of a vape long before it goes burnt tasting. I don't know if it's my juice, or because my mod is attached to my face almost permanently. :) I will try the vodka thing.

Every time I come here I learn something new. Still haven't made 5 whole posts but maybe when I hit a year here that will happen too.

facedown

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
Highland Park, IL, USA
Thanks so much for the advice, everyone! Gonna' try and clean up hubby's Nautilus! Guess I'll start giving our Aspire tanks & coils a weekly bath. Gotta' hit the liquor store for some Everclear, I suppose.

Nah, buy the cheap stuff. It'll work just fine. Unless you want to make some punch for yourselves. :)

• Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Posting Against ECF Forum Rules
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread