Ready for another upgrade..

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesterDev

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2009
Pueblo, Colorado
I have a 901, a 510, and a Big Chuck. I mostly use my Chuck at home, and use my 510 everywhere else.

So here's the thing. I want something small enough to carry around, but also something in the 5v+ range - something that wont give me that burnt taste.

I've been looking at the eGo/Tornado with the Low Res atty, does this really give a 5v TH feeling?

Any suggestions? I really don't want to pay more then $80ish. I've seen the $200+ PV's, and I just can't imagine paying that much, but I can see why someone would.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
The Copper does 6V for as low as $57 (but you already have a Chuck). Plenty of interesting box mods for sale @ 3.7, 5, 6 and 7.4 Volts if you do some Googling. Even some "how to's" to build your own (if you can solder a couple of contacts, or have the desire to learn).

This one is pretty advanced, but it's also pretty cool!

Last edited:

Israfil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Las Vegas, NV (in a small cloud)
If you're handy I'd reccomend making your own nicostick or juicebox mod. The total cost in parts was around 5 bucks for mine. Not exactly small like a supermini, but with a free sample chip from Texas Instruments I've got it running at 5 volts. Mine is the width of a pack of analogs, about half as long, and fits neatly in my pocket.

Other than that, yah I've heard good things about the low res attys. A normal atty on a 5volt though...hard to compare to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread