Re: Vandyvape pulseII squonk

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
I’ve got a pulse2 and it does seem like peak squonk. I’m constantly afraid I’ll cross thread the thing though. I’m familiar with liquid tight screw fittings and the thing seems real shallow to me. Liquid tight screw fittings do work though if you’re careful with them. Lately I’ve seen a small amount of liquid around the hole when refilling. I’m worried the hole is leaking. Does this happen?

Another issue is the TC is weird. I wrap my own coils and I want accurate temp control. How do I arrange that? Can I?

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
I’ve got a pulse2 and it does seem like peak squonk. I’m constantly afraid I’ll cross thread the thing though. I’m familiar with liquid tight screw fittings and the thing seems real shallow to me. Liquid tight screw fittings do work though if you’re careful with them. Lately I’ve seen a small amount of liquid around the hole when refilling. I’m worried the hole is leaking. Does this happen?

Another issue is the TC is weird. I wrap my own coils and I want accurate temp control. How do I arrange that? Can I?
Which coil material are you using?

I've generally heard the TC is anywhere between "tolerable" and "pretty good" on these, so if it's not working maybe try one of the other TC materials to see if that profile is better?

I'm not really sure what to suggest except from hoping they release a firmware update. They released several for the Pulse 80W.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
Which coil material are you using?

I've generally heard the TC is anywhere between "tolerable" and "pretty good" on these, so if it's not working maybe try one of the other TC materials to see if that profile is better?

I'm not really sure what to suggest except from hoping they release a firmware update. They released several for the Pulse 80W.
A home made SS oversized 10 wrap for about 1.2ohm. So big it only just fits. I used a medium sized torx driver for a mandrel. 1mm wire. I didn’t want it to break for a while. If you want to not subohm with 1mm wire you’ve got to use a lot of it. I dont remember the stainless type. I lost the spool, so it’s just a snangle. One of the downsides of thick wire. It’s very non standard.

I remember there being two kinds of TC for stainless though depending on the type used and this doesn’t have a setting for that which I can find. It does have a setting to set the resistance, but I don’t know what I need.
My solution so far is just use watts and keep the thing really wet so it never goes over temp.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread