RDTA vs Z-Atty's

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmaffPappy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2012
Adrift at Wolf 359
So, I'm looking for a 28mm tank for a 28mm mod. I've been using Kanger SubTanks for years, but I can't seem to find one that's 28mm, so I'm looking back into building my own again.

I came across an interesting posting about RDTA's.

7 Best RDTAs for Performance and Convenience [2018]

Just because I've been absent for a long time, I want to see if anyone can enlighten me.

What's the difference between these and my old Zenesis Atty's? They look like they're built on the same idea. Is there a difference? Why the rebrand? Didn't they use to be called Z Style Atty's? If I go this route, am I going to have to start carrying syringes around again to fill these? Won't they have the same leaking issues the Z-Atty's did?

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Airflow and wicking. The old Z-atty was rather tight, and typically used carbonized mesh as wick in vertical round wire coils. The current crop of RDTAs are typically wide open airy (comparatively), and are wicked with cotton through a variety of coils configurations.

Most have fill ports suitable for chubby gorilla bottles or droppers, and most will leak if tipped over. Unlike bottom airflow tanks, though, most are pretty leakproof when vertical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread