RDA. Why does one coil gunk up way faster then the other?

cambford91

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2022
United States
I've had this happen before but never so uneven. I'm posting a pic l. Idk if you can see it weel because my camera sucks. One coil looks almost brand new. Left. The othe lr is almost completely black. Right. They seem to be burning evenly and I know they were heating evenly when I first put the build and removed the hotspots. Anyone know what causes this? They are identical coils.

Attachments

• 20230529_013545.jpg
    20230529_013545.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
Reactions: Kprthevapr

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
I've had this happen before but never so uneven. I'm posting a pic l. Idk if you can see it weel because my camera sucks. One coil looks almost brand new. Left. The othe lr is almost completely black. Right. They seem to be burning evenly and I know they were heating evenly when I first put the build and removed the hotspots. Anyone know what causes this? They are identical coils.
Are the wicks about the same size? Sometimes if the wick is a little off, it will burn one coil hotter.
Check the screws after you rewick it, sometimes they need to be adjusted after it heats and cools the screws need to be tightened.

cambford91

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2022
United States
Are the wicks about the same size? Sometimes if the wick is a little off, it will burn one coil hotter.
Check the screws after you rewick it, sometimes they need to be adjusted after it heats and cools the screws need to be tightened.
That's prolly what it is manz my atomizer is a clone, with cheapest post screws every made lol. As sone as you tryin tighten them they strip and u have to move to the next size Alan wrench.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Users who are viewing this thread