MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
The four most common things I've heard / read causing this:
  • Used too high nic for first RDA
  • Did not use nitrile gloves and some people's finger oils impart a nasty flavor on the coils when handled
  • Not enough wicking material making contact with inside of coils
  • Parts weren't cleaned with vodka or some other solvent before using
Good luck! -Mags

kayuuelbee

Oct 8, 2015
Did you reduce your nic level from what you had previously been using in tanks? Over-nic could be causing the nausea.
yeah i did ^^

The four most common things I've heard / read causing this:
  • Used too high nic for first RDA
  • Did not use nitrile gloves and some people's finger oils impart a nasty flavor on the coils when handled
  • Not enough wicking material making contact with inside of coils
  • Parts weren't cleaned with vodka or some other solvent before using
Good luck! -Mags
using 6mg nic, oils could be it but i did dry burn them, wick is pretty snug, and yeah i did soak em in water and dish soap but thats it :L

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
using 6mg nic, oils could be it but i did dry burn them, wick is pretty snug, and yeah i did soak em in water and dish soap but thats it

~I~ have never had luck with dish soap myself - while it's supposed to degrease I always end up with even less desirable residue. I'm able to use grain alcohol where I am at but some people can only get their hands on vodka. I don't use isopropyl anymore either because so many of them appear to come with ~some~ ingredient meant to dissuade from digestion (some w/ camphor) which is worst of all.

Sorry I can't offer more insight - good luck, -Mags

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
A soak and rinse is very often not enough. I disassemble every part including the o-rings and soak then scrub every part using very hot soapy water. The residue is lubricating oil used in the machining process and is really nasty stuff, not just foul tasting. I have had RDAs that required four or five washes to until they were clean enough to use.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
IF a mod comes to you with machine oil on it and you only CLEANED any plastic or rubber parts. Then it is highly likely those "soft" parts are the source of oil taste. These parts will need replacement. Solvents like alcohol or even gasoline would be a better way of removing the oil. Boiling can work, because of the heat, but, you have to remember that OIL is NOT water soluble and can in fact inbed the oil flavors in the softer materials of the atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread