RDA, but i cant get flavor when is hot.

yuri fetzner

Apr 20, 2023
Hey @yuri fetzner, I'm thinking your problem is to do with your wicking.

It's possibly a combination of your wicking is too tight through the coils and your thinning the tails out too much.

All you can do is pull it and try, try again until you get it down

It's possibly a combination of your wicking is too tight through the coils and your thinning the tails out too much.

All you can do is pull it and try, try again until you get it down.
thanks bro!

resistance high temperature, does not affect the taste? thought that the cold resistance, receiving the first heat, delivered more flavor in the first puffs. I'm wrong?

Thanks again

yuri fetzner

Apr 20, 2023

All you can do is pull it and try, try again until you get it down.
In my first puff using a “nasty fatman” with cold coil, i get a AMAZING flavor….
3/4 puffs later, its gone

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 20

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    In my first puff using a “nasty fatman” with cold coil, i get a AMAZING flavor….
    3/4 puffs later, its gone

Yeah, it sounds to me as well that your wicking is too tight. Those first couple of puffs with good flavor is the vaping of the juice you used to prime the wick, but the wick cannot draw up any more juice, so the flavor slacks off.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    As long as your liquid is wicking well flavor should be good @yuri fetzner, when it's not is when you get problems.

So try a little less through your coils and more in the tails.

And as your dripping, your initially wetting the coils every time you drip. Which won't last long, then the juice well takes over.

• Agree
    Reactions: Izan

yuri fetzner

Apr 20, 2023

I wanted to take a moment to express my sincere gratitude for all the help and support you provided me with on the forum. Your guidance and advice helped me solve my vaping issue and I couldn't have done it without you. Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge and expertise with me. Your willingness to help a stranger in need is a true testament to the amazing community we have built.

Warm regards,

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Ih, i’m brazillian, so… sorry about my bad english.

I Get a RDA (dead rabit v3 RDA) about 1 week.

I use a lot of coils, build, wicking (nasty). I use high wattage, low.. and 1 problem persist: after 3/4 puffs (Dripping 6) the Flavor is gone… just comeback after 10/20 minutes in a refresh place. Thanks!
    Flavor is one of the reasons I only use Temperature Controlled devices and setups.

My coils/atomizers never get to hot/cold. Every vape draw is the same until the coils clog up and need to be cleaned. (or I simply run out of juice! LOL!)

g.

yuri fetzner

Apr 20, 2023
    Flavor is one of the reasons I only use Temperature Controlled devices and setups.

My coils/atomizers never get to hot/cold. Every vape draw is the same until the coils clog up and need to be cleaned. (or I simply run out of juice! LOL!)

g.
    Hi!

So, are you saying that a hot atomizer negatively affects the flavor of the juice? I'm using an NI80 3MM 6 turns pair with 0.12. what temperature do you think i should get?

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    All that TC mode does with vaping is limit the temperature, so you can get all of the enjoyment comfortably.

As with power, voltage or wattage vaping @yuri fetzner. Things can get uncomfortable fast when chain vaping.

But to use TC mode you have to use certain metals for coils, with stainless steel being the most commonly available.

Nichrome and Kanthal won't work in TC mode at all unfortunately.

yuri fetzner

Apr 20, 2023
    All that TC mode does with vaping is limit the temperature, so you can get all of the enjoyment comfortably.

As with power, voltage or wattage vaping @yuri fetzner. Things can get uncomfortable fast when chain vaping.

But to use TC mode you have to use certain metals for coils, with stainless steel being the most commonly available.

Nichrome and Kanthal won't work in TC mode at all unfortunately.
    Oh, in your case, what you use about coil?

What is the best config to get flavor? E

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Surface area of coil/coils in contact with the wicking, as if you have more area in contact with the wicking for the same wire gauge you'll be able to vaporise more liquid.

It's why some of us use flat and or ribbon wire to make our coils @yuri fetzner, and it's relatively cheap to use if you can get hold of it.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Hi!

So, are you saying that a hot atomizer negatively affects the flavor of the juice? I'm using an NI80 3MM 6 turns pair with 0.12. what temperature do you think i should get?
    There is no set temperature - depends highly on the FLAVOR being used.

Currently I'm running:
    - my Banana setup at 320F
    - my Strawberry setup is at 380F
    - my Peppermint setup is at 360F
    - my unflavored setup is at 400F

YMMV

g.

Reactions: Letitia

Penumbra

ECF Veteran
    Mar 31, 2015
    Surface area of coil/coils in contact with the wicking, as if you have more area in contact with the wicking for the same wire gauge you'll be able to vaporise more liquid.

It's why some of us use flat and or ribbon wire to make our coils @yuri fetzner, and it's relatively cheap to use if you can get hold of it.
    I just got back into dripping… and want to build again… i used to build aliens, staggertons etc… Staggertons were kinda my “height” in skill. They were hard I felt.

I have alotta spools of wire.. ribbon too.

The last I built was in like 2016… so wire is hard to get now?.. covid and everything?

Users who are viewing this thread