rayon or cotton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheech226

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2014
Baton Rouge, LA. USA
i found out there was a sally's near me and bought a 10' roll of cellucotton. when i returned home i looked at the pack and it read 100% cotton! i went to the website and saw the 10' pack was labeled 100% cotton, BUT the 500' roll box shows 100% rayon! are these 2 different products or what?

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

cheech226

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2014
Baton Rouge, LA. USA
You can't buy less than a 40foot bag of cellucotton at least not from Sally's I don't think. I got a 40 foot box online for about $7 though.... Amazon. It's not expensive get the larger box.

Anna
thanks! i called the local sally's and they had no rayon there. ordered 40' from amazon and found i had an $8 gift card on file. cost shipped was $3.79!!!

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Same thing happened to me.

Bought the small bag of "CelluCotton" at the local Sally's store and didn't notice till I got home that it was 100% cotton. I returned and got the 500' box that says "100% Rayon" 44060 - it was the smallest quantity they had in the store.

I now have enough cotton and rayon to last 10 lifetimes.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Same thing happened to me.

Bought the small bag of "CelluCotton" at the local Sally's store and didn't notice till I got home that it was 100% cotton. I returned and got the 500' box that says "100% Rayon" 44060 - it was the smallest quantity they had in the store.

I now have enough cotton and rayon to last 10 lifetimes.

If you're like me you'll use both eventually. I've used Sally's cotton and Koh Gen Do cotton for years and began to use the box of Sally's Rayon last year. I move back and forth from cotton to rayon just to get a good idea of how each compares. Rayon is definitely better for flavor and longevity than cotton and I'm using rayon more and more over time, but there's something about a cotton wick that keeps me coming back here and there. It's just habit, I guess! I'm slowly using rayon more than cotton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread