Not open for further replies.

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
So, I googled a finger rash...
Didnt find any conclusive results... just a bunch of reasons about why it can happen.
Ive been vaping for about 3 weeks. I noticed a week ago. I read that it can be caused by touching Nicotine.. But, Ive certainly touched nicotine (Juice) with other fingers, and its only appeared only on the ring finger of my left hand. But only since I have been vaping.
Is this Almost for SURE because of Quitting smoking/ vaping? Or could this be something else, and the timing is just coincidental.... I did find another thread, similar from 2010, but it appeared it was about hives all over the body
Has anyone experienced anything like this?
And if so, Does it go away? It doesnt itch, It feels a little bit numb maybe... but by a miniscule amount...

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
So, I googled a finger rash...
Didnt find any conclusive results... just a bunch of reasons about why it can happen.
Ive been vaping for about 3 weeks. I noticed a week ago. I read that it can be caused by touching Nicotine.. But, Ive certainly touched nicotine (Juice) with other fingers, and its only appeared only on the ring finger of my left hand. But only since I have been vaping.
Is this Almost for SURE because of Quitting smoking/ Vaping? Or could this be something else, and the timing is just coincidental.... I did find another thread, similar from 2010, but it appeared it was about hives all over the body
Has anyone experienced anything like this?
And if so, Does it go away? It doesnt itch, It feels a little bit numb maybe... but by a miniscule amount...

Only appearing in one spot doesn't sound like a reaction to vaping or eliquids. Sounds more like you may have developed an allergy to some kind of metal (if you are wearing a ring). I was in my 40s and developed allergies to almost all metals. After taking D3, the allergies disappeared. Just a thought.

Lurch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2014
Central Florida
I get a rash and extremely dry skin (to the point that it cracks and bleeds) anytime I use harsh cleaning products (household types of cleaners). I DIY so I am always extremely careful with my nicotine bases; wear gloves, clean up immediately after adding nicotine, etc. On those rare occasions where I have gotten juice on my hands and been unable to wash them right away I have gotten the raw and dry skin. I use 12mg juice. It doesn't seem to be as bad as when exposed to cleaning chemicals, but then I am not typically exposed as much or as long with juice.

I wonder if you got some juice on your finger tip and we're not aware. One way to find out, if really curious. Put a large drop of juice on one spot and leave it for awhile... Not a recommendation!

V8peQueen

Jun 30, 2014
Tampa, FL
No what you are discussing seems like an allergy to liquid nicotine. I would keep your hands clean and perhaps use some cortozone cream and keep it moisturized. Liquid nicotine is extremely toxic and everyone reacts differently. My friend also developed a hand rash, along with peeling skin. From here on out I would use gloves when filling or be extremely careful and wash hands immediately with a good soap that will actually cleanse it off (not a cheap soap). Still, I would wear gloves if I were you. One thing to consider though is that all companies use different ingredients (even still nicotine), perhaps trying a different liquid *could* help...and also, if your vape leaks at all, get a new one and make sure there is no liquid nicotine contaminates on your bag, wallet etc.. Hope that helps! :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread