FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Morning, mixers.

Seems we're in between fronts atm. Mowing and whacking still on hold :) Likely for several more days.

Temp to be on the cool side, and since they're talking snow over 2500', if that actually happens it might not melt off in a hurry. Very good for this time of year!

View attachment 1012026
    Good morning, David. :)

Reactions: DavidOck

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Copied everything into one LM directory to make the transfer easier, but as soon as I did that all the messages became unreadable.

If you copied rather than moved, aren't they still in the original places? If so, you could try again, with smaller bytes.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    If you copied rather than moved, aren't they still in the original places? If so, you could try again, with smaller bytes.
    Unfortunately I moved them. One bright spot in the gloom. The Contacts list was still intact and it had automatically saved the address of everyone who ever sent me an email. Didn't want to risk copying it so I spent an hour this morning copying them by hand. Discovered 4 emails that I had moved individually before I did the big move and they were fine.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    My oldest daughter called while I was on the treadmill so I stopped and talked to her a while then finished the workout. The wife is going to pick up her mom to go shopping so it’ll be nice to get a little alone time. She’s not in the best mood today.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    I'm mad at myself today. I used Windows Live Mail until 2020 when they stopped supporting it, I still had hundreds of old emails there, including every vape order from 2014 through 2020. The process of copying from LM to Outlook seemed straightforward. Copied everything into one LM directory to make the transfer easier, but as soon as I did that all the messages became unreadable. I worked until 3 this morning trying to unscramble the mess but there's probably no fix. I found one comment on a software site saying that under Windows 10 LM doesn't have enough buffer space to handle large transfers between directories. Should have saved all the message files before I started.

The old vape orders were just curiosity items. Also lost hundreds of old emails from friends in the UK and I don't even have their email addresses anymore. Then I could have restored the files and copied the messages a few at a time.
    Crap. I'm sorry.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    My oldest daughter called while I was on the treadmill so I stopped and talked to her a while then finished the workout. The wife is going to pick up her mom to go shopping so it’ll be nice to get a little alone time. She’s not in the best mood today.
    Enjoy your alone time.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    The wife just got home. I think we’re going to do leftovers for dinner. We had Chinese last night and have quite a bit left.

I’m trying the succulent watermelon again and still can barely taste it. I think I’m going to dump the sft. Maybe it’s better in a recipe.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The wife just got home. I think we’re going to do leftovers for dinner. We had Chinese last night and have quite a bit left.

I’m trying the succulent watermelon again and still can barely taste it. I think I’m going to dump the sft. Maybe it’s better in a recipe.
    Hopefully it is.

Reactions: hittman

Users who are viewing this thread