Quick Review - Vaping Monkey's "Planet of the Grapes"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cicada

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
Riverside, SoCal
I ordered a 30ml bottle on Friday when he released it, but I haven't gotten it yet -- i DID however, stop by Vapor Loft, and picked up a 15ml bottle because i just HAD to try it (i've vaped about 2 tanks already -- I'm hoping to get a video review done soon) I got it in 6mg, and the "born on" date is January 2013, as I imagine all bottles right now will be. Sometimes i've scored CJ's juices from other B&M shops with month or two old "born on" dates, so they've had time to steep.

I'm basing this review on 6mg "Planet of the Grapes" straight off the shelf, without any steeping time.

The flavor from CJ's new "Planet of the Grapes" is stellar. Orangutang is easily one of my favorite, of not my absolute favorite ejuice right now, and Planet of the Grapes is like the Grape Orangutang. It's got a good balance of sweet, tart and a little sour. Most grape flavors i've had have tasted REALLY artificial, or like dimetapp (which I don't mind, i LOVED grape dimetapp as a kid, LOL), but "Planet of the Grapes" does is right. It's got that strong purple candy-grape syrupy flavor (like a grape Otter Pop/popsicle), but also has some more mellow natural/sour green grape flavor/tones as well.

All the flavor (for me) comes on the inhale -- a huge hit of purple-candy-grape flavor in the throat, then on the exhale you get the mellow/very faint sour yellow/green grape. I've got it in 6mg, so the throat hit is VERY light, even lighter than most of my other 6mg juices, which are light, anyway. So if you like TH, i might go one step up on this from what you're used to -- keeping in mind juices tend to mellow out after they've had time to sit/steep -- again, this was straight off the shelf (born Jan 2013), shaken, and vaped.

john0821

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
Bay Area
Is it like a grape pixie stick/pez maybe even a grape sweet tart? When I had Orangutang, it was like an orange version of those which I can see people loving but wasn't for me.

The nice thing about CJ's e-liquid is they're pretty much good as soon as you get them (very fast shipping too). I really love his dessert flavors which I make sure I always have, but the fruit flavors haven't done it. But you're the 2nd or 3rd person to post a review recently who loves his fruit vapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread