Quick question. Does a vamo v3 use a 18650 flat top or button top?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HybridCypher

Oct 23, 2013
NYC
About to order my battery from RTD vapor. I have already pick up the nitecore charger from amazon. Only thing holding me back is whether I should get a flat top battery or button top. Here are the batteries in question.

Still deciding which brand to go, but here are my options.

1) Panasonic NCR18650PD hybrid 2900mAh.
Flat top- Batteries : Panasonic High Drain NCR18650PD Hybrid 2900mAh Flat Top
Button top- Batteries : Panasonic High Drain NCR18650PD Hybrid 2900mAh Button Top

2) Panasonic Hybrid IMR CGR18650CH 2250mAh 3.7V
Flat top- Batteries : Panasonic Hybrid/IMR CGR18650CH (Out of stock)
Button top- Batteries : Panasonic Hybrid/ IMR CGR18650CH Button Top

3)AW IMR 18650 2000 mAH
There is only one with 2000mah, so I dont even know if its flat or button.
AW IMR 18650 2000 mAh

*** 4) Extra contender, The Panasonic High Drain NCR
Batteries : Panasonic High Drain NCR18650PF Hybrid 2900mAh Flat Top

(All recommended by members of this forum.)

This is going to be my first time dealing with RTD Vapor, any insight on their customer support and shipping speed? Might be looking to pick some other stuff too. My order just shipped from fasttech, so hopefully everything will come together in time.

thanks for your help forum!
[h=2][/h][h=2][/h]

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
The Panasonic CGRs are excellent batteries to use in the Vamo. I use flat tops and do not have any button tops to know if the button tops would work though.

I would personally choose option #1 in flat top from what you have to choose from. I know that those will work well.

There are charts around the web that show a comparison between the AW and the Pannys, the Pannys outperform the AW hands down :)

Last edited:

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Yes, they should both work just fine. I use the Panny CGR's and the AW's from your list. Those two would definitely make my top three best IMR high drain battery list, the other being the MNKE's. RTD vapor is a great place to get batts from. I would almost always choose the AW's for any regulated APV, probably, with the Pannies a close second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread