Status
Not open for further replies.

levisdaddy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
tucson
I just received some vapemail today from smartvapes.
This will be my first time dripping
here is what i ordered: Vape - SmartVapes 306 1.8ohm E cig Dripping Atomizer
2 questions -
1st, the drip tip seems attached, am I not supposed to remove it? I fear if i try and pull it off and its not supposed to be removed ill damage it..
2nd question
do i need to prime it in any way? does it have a coating that needs to be rinsed or dry burned?
3rd (i know i said two)
how do i, or do i need to, clean it between flavors/juices?
any and all help would be greatly appreciated, im anxious to use it!

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
The 306 atty's use a drip tip that slides over the outside of the whole thing, just leaving the threads exposed. To remove the drip tip slide it straight off, if you tweak it sideways a bit you may crack or break it.

Before using an atty for the first time, with the drip tip in place blow through it really hard into a tissue. If you see liquid in the tissue, or hear any gurgling, keep blowing until not more primer fluid is in there. You won't get it all, but it will get most of it out. Prime with about 4 drops of juice, let sit for a while (I usually let it sit for about 1/2 an hour) to let the juice absorb fully into the wicking material. Then vape cautiously at first in case you're burning primer fluid. After a while the flavor will improve and you'll be ready to go.

If you want to clear out a previous flavor you can simply blow out what you can as described above, then add a new flavor and keep vaping. Or, if you want to get more of the old flavor out, drip a few drops of VG and vape until it's gone, then fill with the new flavor.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
i am not convinced that it is a removable tip, the site doesnt say.... and it doesnt want to budge..

Most 306s come with an orange plastic cover with a small hole on the tip that you remove and toss. You'll have to buy a 306 style drip tip seperately. You can use the cover as a drip tip, but it needs to be removed everytime you add liquid.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

levisdaddy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
tucson
Most 306s come with an orange plastic cover with a small hole on the tip that you remove and toss. You'll have to buy a 306 style drip tip seperately. You can use the cover as a drip tip, but it needs to be removed everytime you add liquid.

that is what i was expecting, but this come with the drip tip attatched. here it is again: Vape - SmartVapes 306 1.8ohm E cig Dripping Atomizer
am i crazy, or is it glued on?

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
that is what i was expecting, but this come with the drip tip attatched. here it is again: Vape - SmartVapes 306 1.8ohm E cig Dripping Atomizer
am i crazy, or is it glued on?

That site isn't working on my phone so I can't see the description. If it came with a regular 306 drip tip there's no reason it would be glued on, but it may be on tight. Have you tried vaping with it yet?

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
Those should come off but you can remove primer with them on. Roll up paper towel pretty tight, insert it in the drip tip to touch the mesh, blow in the bottom. Do it a couple times until the paper towel comes out dry. Next prime with juice and vape away. After you warmed it up with a few hits, try to remove the drip tip, might come off easier then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread