Quick check on hardware I've "repaired"

Status
Not open for further replies.

STiCaveman

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
Phx, AZ
Basically, I managed to get delete happy in my PMs a couple weeks ago.

Since then, add:
  • 4 new clutches of baby birds in the last month
  • A storm damaged roof on the aviary
  • AC from the HVAC quitting on me (gotta love a constant 85 deg 24/7)
And now I can't remember everyone that has sent hardware to me that was "repaired" :p and returned.

Just tryin' to get some feedback on if there have been any issues with the PT/PCCs, or the equipment powering them since then.
A reply here or PM would be greatly appreciated! ;)

-Charles

STiCaveman

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
Phx, AZ
I sent you a dead 808 PT and a dying 510 PCC (silver) I do not want hem back, just curious if you were able to resurrect them?
~Lulu
My apologies, I thought I had described the PT in our last PM exchange.
The PTs white wire is broken near the connector, and while it can be reconnected, the result will look a bit... odd. :p I was a bit curious if you remember where it came from? Based on its appearance/assembly, I got an impression that it was a DIY.

The PCC was acting as described (not charging an inserted battery), so I opened it and found that it was getting power to the connector.
20/20 hindsight revealed that I should have tried cleaning the connector with alcohol on a q-tip first. :facepalm: It appears that the contacts on the battery side had been gunked up with dried juice, causing the batteries to not make contact properly.

LuckyLulu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2010
Florida
My apologies, I thought I had described the PT in our last PM exchange.
The PTs white wire is broken near the connector, and while it can be reconnected, the result will look a bit... odd. :p I was a bit curious if you remember where it came from? Based on its appearance/assembly, I got an impression that it was a DIY.

The PCC was acting as described (not charging an inserted battery), so I opened it and found that it was getting power to the connector.
20/20 hindsight revealed that I should have tried cleaning the connector with alcohol on a q-tip first. :facepalm: It appears that the contacts on the battery side had been gunked up with dried juice, causing the batteries to not make contact properly.

You may have told me that already :oops:
The Pt came from Litecig, it did look a little (how do I say) cheap?
Good you like tinkering, I think I have another "project" for you. My other 510 PT is dying, look for it in the mail. I think I still have your info!
~Lulu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread