Questions for Lavatube owners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vid

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2011
Wolverine Lake, MI
Ok, I'm a Ego vapor. with that said my primary rig is an ego batt (riva and ego clones) with either a stardust or a boge carto. Either way a fresh batt and a cart or stardust has always tasted like burning filler, hollow vape. I sometimes actually take a fresh batt and without a cart will press the button for 10 secs at a time for about 3 or 4 mins just to drop the voltage to get rid of that taste. After I do.... vaping is great until the batt is about toast then that crappy taste comes back. With that said do you think I will be able to dial in a comfortable voltage with the lavatube from start to finish without that funk taste at the beginning and end? Mind you these are not new tanks or cartos I experience this with, its with all carts and tanks. I think its a batt thats charged and since its not regulated that it probably comes off the charger around 4-4.2 volts that its a little high for my taste. I use carto's that are SR around 2.8-3 ohms, I wanna buy a genuine ego batt but i feel that will be to low and thought a Lavatube would be a option to dial it in between 3.5 and 3.7 consistently. I consistantly keep my tanks/carto's nice and wet so I'm not running um dry. Any thought's? Is a Lavatube in my future?

carlton

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2010
Albuquerque
Most people go to vv to increase the voltage, not lower them. The main complaint with the LT is that it won't push enough power, but in your case, that won't be a problem. The lava tube is by far the easiest mod with which to switch voltages, so if you feel the need to turn it down for a few drags and then turn it back up, then yes, I'd recommend it. Another possible option for you to keep an eye on would be the new ego twist. Those are being made by Joye, are variable voltage and are regular ego sized. They aren't available yet, but should be soon.

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
The LT is also regulated so you don't get that raw power of a fresh batt. You may need to turn it up by .1 or .2 every couple of hours if it seems to start hitting weaker as the battery drains below 3.7 (on my LT the 4.2-3.7 batt voltage is consistent, but once the batt starts to get to 3.6 and 3.5 it wanes just a little.)

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
The LT is also regulated so you don't get that raw power of a fresh batt. You may need to turn it up by .1 or .2 every couple of hours if it seems to start hitting weaker as the battery drains below 3.7 (on my LT the 4.2-3.7 batt voltage is consistent, but once the batt starts to get to 3.6 and 3.5 it wanes just a little.)

I don't notice that with the battery at 3.5-3.6v with mine. I find the best place these batteries hold voltage is 3.5-3.8v or 3.9v..it goes off 4.1v down to 3.9 fairly quickly under heavy use. The only time I really noticed a difference in vapor or flavor was when the screen was flashing at 3.3v with it set at no more than 4.4v..maybe if you use higher voltages it might be more noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread