Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
Of the Vivi nova, Kanger T3 and Kanger Evod, which is easiest for a beginner to re-coil/re-wick? I have all three and want to start with the easiest first.

Is the wick in the Vivi Nova Silica? If not, what is it and where can I buy a small quantity of whatever the stuff is?

I see kanthal A1 is available on ebay. I'm thinking of either 33ga or 34ga to make 2.2 to 2.8 ohm coils, does that sound right?

mainevaper

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2013
maine
Of the Vivi nova, Kanger T3 and Kanger Evod, which is easiest for a beginner to re-coil/re-wick? I have all three and want to start with the easiest first.

Is the wick in the Vivi Nova Silica? If not, what is it and where can I buy a small quantity of whatever the stuff is?

I see kanthal A1 is available on ebay. I'm thinking of either 33ga or 34ga to make 2.2 to 2.8 ohm coils, does that sound right?

I would say the nova should be the easiest to rebuild. the wick in all 3 is silica. sounds about right for the wire, and to get small quantites of silica try thehouseofvapor.com.
You could also try some 100% cotton yarn for wick, it can be bought at any craft store, and you can get enough to last a lifetime for about $3. Silica IMHO is easier to wrap a coil around, and has the best flavor.

Davenkay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
The Kanger T3 and white cotton is the easiest and simplest solution. Just pull out the center post, remove the flavor wicks, rinse with hot water and dry burn and lay a double strand of cotton through the slot and replace the center post. Trim with fingernail clippers. I keep a small amount in my wallet and rewick on the go. Tastes good and loads of vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread