• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Questions about USPS Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porkchops

Verified Member
May 30, 2012
Canada
Hey everyone, I'm new to the concept of vaping, and had ordered some volt ecigs May 31st. There was some confusion regarding shipping, and the package wasn't sent out until June 6th. Curious as to how much longer I'd have to suffer waiting for it to arrive, I checked online to see where it was and how much longer it would take approximately. The USPS tracking has no activity since June 7th, when it left the Sort facility in Akron, OH. Just today I learned that importing these things is illegal (one of the stupidest things I've heard in some time might I add), and am wondering if the reason USPS has no activity since the morning of the 7th if this means my order was likely cut short at customs, or if this is just some USPS quirk or something? Really bummed out about this :(

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
If it was only sent out on June 6 you'll have a while to wait yet. It can take as long as 2 weeks. Typically between 1 and 2 weeks. There's no way to tell how long that it will take. Also, USPS only tracks to the border (f you're lucky). Typically I will get 1 or 2 (if lucky) updates. They will not tell you when it's in Canada, or when it's cleared customs. You just have to wait. It will show up, in the mean time, don't worry about it and do some reading.

IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO IMPORT THESE PRODUCTS. Please use the search function and read about it as there as dozens of topics discussing that. :)

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
Hey there Porkchops.....mmmm I like porkchops......anyways, they are not illegal....nicotine is a controlled substance yes, but not illegal. If you are ordering anything with nicotine from outside the country you will always have the risk of customs stopping the package and sending it back to the vendor, then you go to jail! lol, just kidding about the jail thing :) Most vendors will just send it again. If it is just hardware you should have no issues getting the package through customs although it has been known to happen (hardware being stopped). I have had many orders make it through with no issues, but have had one stopped and returned to the vendor, the second attempt made it here no prob. As far as the tracking....if it was first class international you are looking at a 10-14 day wait and you will not see any updates on the tracking site, it seems to be scanned when it leaves and that is it.

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
If it was only sent out on June 6 you'll have a while to wait yet. It can take as long as 2 weeks. Typically between 1 and 2 weeks. There's no way to tell how long that it will take. Also, USPS only tracks to the border (f you're lucky). Typically I will get 1 or 2 (if lucky) updates. They will not tell you when it's in Canada, or when it's cleared customs. You just have to wait. It will show up, in the mean time, don't worry about it and do some reading.

IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO IMPORT THESE PRODUCTS. Please use the search function and read about it as there as dozens of topics discussing that. :)

You and your fast typing :closedeyes:

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
The problem with any postal or parcel tracking is that it never shows where the item is, only the last place it has been.

With postal items, they are unaccounted for from one postal facility to the other, so it may not show up, for example, from one side of the country to the other. And don't be surprised if the item is in your hand before it shows up as delivered, OR shows up as delivered before it is in your hand. They seem to be very flexible that way!!

Don't worry about Customs. Worst case is it gets sent back. Then you go from there.

Relax, Enjoy!

Silverkm

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
I have been testing theories latley with USPS. So far from what I've found, all small flat rate boxes will show tracking to the nearest big sort facility then nothing. They usually take 2 weeks to get to me. Even after I recieve them, I don't see any updates.

Medium and Large boxes show everything, including getting to customs and leaving customs. I have been getting these packages in about 5-6 business days.

Always remember that after some point you can search for the tracking number using Canada Post instead of the USPS site. I'm not sure if there's more info as I usually just switch to the canada post site and ignore the USPS site.

Palmal

Jun 13, 2012
Collingwood, ON
I am a contractor for Canada Post delivering parcels. The only trace numbers we scan coming from the US are priority and the US equivalent to express. We do not scan regular or expedited shipments. US has not upgraded there systems for those types of tracking yet. I do however suggest when purchasing from the US to track on Canada Post website. If we track it then it will show on the website 12-24 hours after it is on the US site and then updates immediatly. It will give you more accurate and detailed information once it hits the border.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread